free website stats program BC Canada oppressive insurance costs | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

BC Canada oppressive insurance costs

Just got my renewal letter for my car registration and ins. ICBC is kind enough to make pay an Extra $230 fee for having 3 points on my license from a ticket I got 9 months ago. And I was driving a semi! And it has to be paid Before they will renew my regi and ins!!! GRRRRR! I am Not happy!:bigsmiley19:

Can't make the toy run. Got a whack of family coming out from Alberta for Thanksgiving.

I hear you about the unfair treatment of professional drivers.
I drive 50,000 km's a year in a work vehicle, mostly city driving. If I get a ticket or two every 3 or 4 years because of that it should have NO BEARING on my personal insurance. My experience doesn't make me a higher risk driver. IT MAKES ME A BETTER DRIVER!!!

Can't make the toy run. Got a whack of family coming out from Alberta for Thanksgiving.

I hear you about the unfair treatment of professional drivers.
I drive 50,000 km's a year in a work vehicle, mostly city driving. If I get a ticket or two every 3 or 4 years because of that it should have NO BEARING on my personal insurance. My experience doesn't make me a higher risk driver. IT MAKES ME A BETTER DRIVER!!!

Ya I agree.

Know I'm chiming in late on a year old thread but being a NEW rider, the insurance issue caught my eye. Being an easterner rarely gives one much of an advantage but in this case I'm happy not to be paying western rates. I have a clear Driving record for over 40 years but just began Riding in September. My "full coverage" rates with $1 mil liability comes to less than $900 a year. I'm sure as (Edit)
glad the province of NB has remained out of the general insurance business. Medicare is bad enough.

Please Click the below link and read this...

HDTimeline Language Policy - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Know I'm chiming in late on a year old thread but being a NEW rider, the insurance issue caught my eye. Being an easterner rarely gives one much of an advantage but in this case I'm happy not to be paying western rates. I have a clear Driving record for over 40 years but just began Riding in September. My "full coverage" rates with $1 mil liability comes to less than $900 a year. I'm sure as hell glad the province of NB has remained out of the general insurance business. Medicare is bad enough.

Since were on the subject of insurance. I have been paying health insurance to the tune of $800.00+ per month for the last 8 years. So the $500.00 per year for 2 bikes to be insured is not all bad. For complete coverage.:bigsmiley19:

Since were on the subject of insurance. I have been paying health insurance to the tune of $800.00+ per month for the last 8 years. So the $500.00 per year for 2 bikes to be insured is not all bad. For complete coverage.:bigsmiley19:

Though I'm Canadian, I do not have Medicare coverage. My private health ins costs me (individually) just about $5,500.00 a year. On a couple of occasions during the past 5 years I've required minor surgery and have gone to the States for it. "Excellent results and no waiting. Medicare ensures that the poor, the rich, and everyone in between gets the same, not the best, medical attention.

My job takes me to many countries all over the world. Canada, for being a G8 nation, has an imposed medical system not worthy of our predominantly middle class society, nor our excellent "Canadian" doctors. It doesn't even compare well to services available to the average citizen in Asian rice economies. I'd pick Thailand, hands down, over Canada as a place to seek affordable medical care. The vast majority of Canadians don't fully realize the situation. We're a captive market. We cling to "Medicare due to ignorance and insecurity. That's how our government gets away with it.

The Canadian insurance seems Ridiculously HIGH... Looks like the US is headed down the same road as Canada did years ago...

I THOUGHT My MC full coverage started out High here in Az. Until I talked with Geezer (Manitoba) and heard His Bill. $$$$$$$$$$$ and more for the big Vehicles.

My insurance for the bike was 380 when new (09 King) and now is 160 (a year) and that IS full coverage BUT no towing. Happy for that.

Because of the bikes age, I am only toooooo happy to rebuild it to keep the lesser insurance and besides I keep it up looking new and do my own work is a big bonus.

signed....BUBBIE

I didn't realize until a couple years ago that your insurance rate is determined by your zip code. Insurance co. do research on where accidents happen the most and base your rate on where you live. I thought that to be a strange way to base rates so I asked several agent if that was true and they all confirmed that's how it's done.

Wow!! Sorry to hear you Canadians get beat up so bad on the insurance! If you live close to the border I wonder if you could get a P.O. box in the states and claim to live here in order to be able to buy the insurance in the U.S.?? Maybe get a bunch of riders together and rent a cheap apartment here? Have to have a U.S. drivers license?? There's gotta be a way to beat the system!

Here in Florida, I don't even have to carry ANY insurance for my bike if I choose.(Bike must be paid off)

Auto insurance is pretty bad, not far behind Jacksonville where last I heard was highest in the U.S.

Wow!! Sorry to hear you Canadians get beat up so bad on the insurance! If you live close to the border I wonder if you could get a P.O. box in the states and claim to live here in order to be able to buy the insurance in the U.S.?? Maybe get a bunch of riders together and rent a cheap apartment here? Have to have a U.S. drivers license?? There's gotta be a way to beat the system!

Here in Florida, I don't even have to carry ANY insurance for my bike if I choose.(Bike must be paid off)

Auto insurance is pretty bad, not far behind Jacksonville where last I heard was highest in the U.S.

IT IS Called VOTING

You get back what you put in... Just like down here in the USA...:D

NOT getting Political and please Let's DON't...

signed....BUBBIE

Back