free website stats program Bagger or another Dyna | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bagger or another Dyna

Having owned all models, and also enjoying the twisties, I really enjoy the RK as it handles well as others have mentioned, and the best part is that you can store anything you want in the bags. You could even put dolley wheels under your bags... .

Hi Derekj, How does the RK handle differant from the Fatboy?

Firstly, the fatboy has a lower seat and you tend to throw your weight a little more when in the twisties. The suspension, tends to give a little more, which allows for more "bouncing" at higher speeds during cornering. Other than that it really makes for a great ride. The RK is a bit more top heavy in comparison, but has a "lighter" feel in the front end and more of a stiffness in the frame. At higher speeds you will encounter a bit of a wobble that you can overcome by very gently pushing against the handlebars. The RK is also much smoother and really makes for a great ride. There is absolutely nothing any other model can do that the RK can't. But the RK can also carry goodies and be stripped down and /or added onto for any occasion. I have always been a softail fan and will remain that way but this being my 2nd RK has won me over as being just an all out great machine.

Go with the bike that looks the best in your eyes. Everyone rides differently. I have a Road King Classic, do most of my riding two up; however when I am one-up with friends, they have a hard time staying with me in the turns. Riding skill may have more to do with that then the bike you are on. I am sure there are guys out there who could beat me on a sportbike, while there riding an HD. I feel faster on my FLHRC than on my wife's 1200 Nightster.

I changed from a Ultra to a 08 RG and love it. Used to have an 05 Wing which I loved to ride on twistys. The Road Glide remminds me of those days. Great in the twistys.

Back