free website stats program Bagger or another Dyna | Harley Davidson Forums

Bagger or another Dyna

My first post, so here it goes.
I have an 07 Dyna, love it, 34000 miles. I am usually 1 up riding. The woman I am dating likes going on short rides, but I would like to take her on longer ones. So, I plan on getting a new bike when this one hits 45K. I travel light most of the time, I prefer the Road Glide, as far as touring goes.

My dilemma is....I love twistys. I scrape my pegs, (one up) on a regular basis.

I have been told the R G handles great.....help. I would be just as happy to by an 08, or 09 Dyna.

Suggestions?
What would it take other then tires to make an RG handle?

I ride a 07WG. I like twisty to. I dont think you can ride a touring bike that agressive. I rode a buddies RK one day it was a smooth ride. But if you like to let it rip,You may find that RG somewhat BORING.:D

My style isn't as "yeehaw" as yours so I'm totally happy on my Street Glide but it doesn't sound like a bagger is the way to go for you. I would recommend a touring model ONLY if you're serious about doing some long, 2 up, overnight type trips. Otherwise stick with what you're happy on!

If'n I was you,what with the peg scraping and all,I'd buy me a rice burner,gonna work out cheaper when you dig instead of scrape!

Had the rice rides, like to cruise more then drag pegs, but......I am a 50 yr old kid.

Perhaps another seat for 200 mile two up riding. I am comfortable on the stock seat. Went to San Diego from Phx AZ one day, Grand Canyon, Vegas on the stock seat.

There will not be any long overnight rides with her.

Still some time to plan this purchase.

I just need some input on the handling of a bagger. Many have said that cornering is mushy with out spending$$$$$

I think that baggers handle pretty good myself due to the front end design, they feel lighter and more nimble than other bikes. Best bet would be to rent one before buying anything to see what you think.

Had the rice rides, like to cruise more then drag pegs, but......I am a 50 yr old kid.

Perhaps another seat for 200 mile two up riding. I am comfortable on the stock seat. Went to San Diego from Phx AZ one day, Grand Canyon, Vegas on the stock seat.

There will not be any long overnight rides with her.

Still some time to plan this purchase.

I just need some input on the handling of a bagger. Many have said that cornering is mushy with out spending$$$$$

Again, it's all what you're used to. I rode a Sportster for a year and now I have a Street Glide and I LOVE it. Handles just fine for me but I'm a 50 year old cruiser and I don't challenge the curves at twice the speed limit!

I guess the rental thing would be the best bet. I have been told by some RG owners, they do not feel as heavy as you would think.

I've had dynas, softails and baggers and I think the baggers handle very well for their size, very maneuverable at show speeds too. Probably compete with the smaller bikes well too side by side.

I guess the rental thing would be the best bet. I have been told by some RG owners, they do not feel as heavy as you would think.

I just went from an FXRS to a RG, and while very different, the RG is also surprisingly nimble. That is, once you are going above 5 or 6 mph. It's a real dog to push around in and out of parking spaces and the garage, and I'm not as comfortable as on the other bike when coming to a stop and putting out my foot. At low/no speed, the bike is heavy and awkward; once moving, it's light as a feather and very responsive. Try it - you'll like it.

Better yet, buy it and keep the old one for running around town!

Back