free website stats program Bagger engine build | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bagger engine build

Thanks guys. Sorry about the abrupt comment Dolt. It was late and all I did was fire it up and let run long enough to get a little heat into the heads. Finally got it on the road this afternoon to start the break in. Very happy so far.

Well...1200 miles since I got her back together. Changed the oil, readjusted the pushrods, and installed an oil cooler over the weekend. Refilled with full synthetic. Scheduled to go on the dyno tomorrow evening. So far I'm pretty happy. Definitely much stronger. I am a little disappointed with my fuel mileage, but hopeful that getting it tuned will help with that. Probably get better anyway when I stop playing with the throttle every chance I get.

Good on you, the right hand can cause poor fuel mileage, enjoy your new build:s

Well...1200 miles since I got her back together. Changed the oil, readjusted the pushrods, and installed an oil cooler over the weekend. Refilled with full synthetic. Scheduled to go on the dyno tomorrow evening. So far I'm pretty happy. Definitely much stronger. I am a little disappointed with my fuel mileage, but hopeful that getting it tuned will help with that. Probably get better anyway when I stop playing with the throttle every chance I get.

The tune should help; the tuner can lean the A/F out at cruise. I don't know what you are expecting but if you see 40+MPG, don't expect much beter. Those RHs sound too good when you crack the throttle.:newsmile01:

I will be quite happy with anything north of 40 MPG. It is in the mid 30's right now. Last tank was 32.4. I don't have the Rineharts on it anymore. Rear header pipe cracked. Wife said the Rineharts didn't look very good anymore and I should put new pipes on it. I went with a Bassani B4 2:1.

I love the RH TDs, look and sound and hate to get rid of them but am converting to later under carriage exhaust to move the heat from the rear cylinder head pipe as far away from me as I can.:shock

Don't know much about the Bassani B4 but I do like the Bassani Road Rage II; seeing some good numbers with that pipe from a local tuner. Your mileage should improve with a proper tune and, right wrist notwithstanding, I think you should see 40mpg, or better.

I consistently see 38mpg from my all bore 107 and it is carbureted; I also have the right wrist affliction though :D and if I could control it, 40mpg would be achievable.

I hear you on the Rineharts. The area of the rear pipe near the O2 sensor has been very hot. As in hot enough to change the metallurgy of the pipe. It was almost impossible to weld. I ended up using some light gauge stainless to section in a patch, but I know it would crack again eventually. Anyway, the B4 is very similar to the Road Rage, but it is a slightly smaller pipe. It only has two steps instead if the three steps the Road Rage uses. Can't wait to get it on the dyno.

Back