free website stats program Bad coil??? I hope! | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bad coil??? I hope!

I can't find a camshaft sensor in the book...must not have one. I'll check, but not sure where the nose-cone is? Can you help me out?

Also, any other ideas if no cam sensor?

I can't find a camshaft sensor in the book...must not have one. I'll check, but not sure where the nose-cone is? Can you help me out?

Also, any other ideas if no cam sensor?

I don't think you have one if you can't find it in the book..

2000 was probably the last one... The nose cone is on cam cover, any way, that is where it is located... They had problems like i mentioned before and just went with the crank sensor.. I know it was around My time it was taken off the TC motor..

Don't know what to suggest next? I could say ignition module but that is about all it could be that hasn't been checked..

Hoople did mention and True, Just because the coil shows ok doesn't make it Okay..

I'm not good for more on this one. We've had your bike apart and together and no results..

I would just ask that you PM me with the find when you do... and say Sorry I couldn't get the right diagnosis for you!

bubbie

Well, you did isolate the CPS as okay from your post when you ohmmed it out a 1100 verses 1000 (10% reading is actually reasonable). Did you do anything with the fueling, you did say it ran okay for awhile ("million bucks" I recall) so my thinking as previously stated was fueling...what was done so far?

Well, I haven't tried anything with the fuel situation yet. I got tied up on chores today. I probably have a week before the electrical diagnostic manual gets here. I'm hoping for other suggestions, but in the mean-time, I think I will drain the tank, and check the filter. I'll keep you posted.

Back