free website stats program Announcing Our Store and HDTimeline Discount | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Announcing Our Store and HDTimeline Discount

Your SALES prices are VERY good. I hope that once the sale is over that the prices are still very attractive for our members. I would not hesitate to send folks your way for these sorts of savings.

TQ

TQ, I should have specified since it comes up a lot. Our "sales" prices are "permanent". Regular price is the price of competitors that we've seen. Sale price is what we sell items at. A few items that are without a sale price are usually custom parts we made by request and haven't seen anyone else make/sell. Of course, the HDTimeline discount is also on top of the sale price, so something at a sale price of $50 is going to run $45. :D

Welcome Mike. I am all for Discounts.

So are we!

Well that is EXCELLENT news, and as I said above, I would not hesitate in sending members your way. These are VERY good prices based on my experience.

TQ

Welcome and maybe just in time.

I have a Baker 189-56 IPB and seal kit on order. Actually already arrived but I gave it to a brother because he had the same problem at the same time. I'm awaiting a new mainshaft from HD before I replace the bearing.

Here is the just in time part. I think I won't be able to use the Baker bearing and seal because it is made for '85-06. I asked the Baker guy if it would work on my 2007 FLHT, and he said yes, but that is with the original mainshaft. It is my understanding that all of the mainshafts are now shipping from HD at the '08 spec which is .008" smaller OD. They can do that because the mainshafts also come with a revised inner primary bearing inner race that is made to fit the smaller OD mainshaft.

At .008" difference, I don't think the Baker bearing will work and they don't have 2 different part numbers. I suppose that's HD's way of keeping you buying HD.

Anyway, re: suggestions for new parts to sell, that would be a great item. I'm replacing the mainshaft because as careful as I was in removing the race that had walked into the trans, the sealing surface got all buggered up. It also took way too much heat to get it off. I would have been much better off removing the mainshaft, then the race once it was out of the tranny case.

So if you find a bearing and also a seal that would work just like the Baker, that would probably be in demaind. The Baker is sealed (sort of) it has holes in it to accept the oil splash from the primary. My brother measured his '05 shaft at .9850 and the Baker bearing at .9860 making a .001" slip fit.

When the factory mainshaft comes in, I would need a bearing with the same oil splash lubrication, same OD & width, same internal bearing tolerances but an ID of 0.9852 which would give .001" tolerance on a 0.9780 shaft. The seal would have to have the same OD, same width and ride on the smaller shaft without leaking or having too much friction from being too tight.

That would be something you could probably sell lots of for all '08 & up HD's and any '06 & ups that have had mainshaft replacements.

I'll have a confirmation on mainshaft diameter once it arrives.
P.S. I'm in Chicagoland. Do you have a storefront?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At those prices, you could also do well selling a 5.875" primary drive locking tool

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry... off on the math. New shaft expected to be 0.977.
ID of bearing needed = 0.978

Last edited by a moderator:
As promised, here are the shots from our warehouse/shipping facility. (A glorified basement where my mom gets to do the packing! :D!)

First Shelf Wall:
IMG_1732.jpg

Middle View:
IMG_1733.jpg

"The Back" View:
IMG_1735.jpg

Printing Station, with a nice 25" monitor:
IMG_1734.jpg

Packaging Machine for Small Items:
IMG_1737.jpg

Stuff that needs to be combined into sets:
IMG_1738.jpg