free website stats program Alternatives to Trikes, Please? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Alternatives to Trikes, Please?

Breeze3at and NCBILL, thanks for the kind words! As we age, our ability to find joy is limited. This mostly because we have been there and done that. People visit me in FL and want to go to Disney World. I hand them the keys to my car and directions to get there and tell them to have a good time. Been there, done that.
I went to the Grand Canyon and looked down and all I saw was an erosion ditch that had stuck with it. Is that all there is to the Grand Canyon?
Skimming along at a good clip on two wheels still does it for me, as does taking out deer and elk that cannot shoot back!
Going fast does not lose it's charm. I will have plenty time to slow down after I die.
Stay in the wind!

You older riders are an inspiration to us not quite your age yet, but not far behind. I have accelerated arthritis in my back (thanks to my dad's side of the family) so at 49, I have a back of someone 25 years older according to my doctor. :( However, I do keep finding ways to entertain myself. I had no issues for many years, but boy, once the issues surfaced, they did not waste any time. I quit racing mountain bikes & playing 4 softball leagues a season (yes - all running concurrently) and on top of that, did service/line work for the cable company (packing a ladder all day). It was a tough pill to swallow, but I wanted to walk when I was 60. Not long after that decision, I bought my first HD. I do not ride much, but I ride when I want to. :) My neighbor is 65 or so, and has 3 or 4 bikes and will put more miles on each of his bikes than I do on my one. :O So, I will ride as long as I am able, and if I can't handle the bike on 2 wheels, I will ultimately re-evaluate my life and consider other options. Or, possibly accept that I may have to only play with the classic cars. ;)

Joyflyin, Tough sits. that you had those problems so young. Good to hear that you are not giving up and holding up a sign at an intersection, as some do. Keep plugging. We are on the right side of the sod, for now, so the race is not yet over! We must play the hand that we were dealt and no one ever said that life is fair to us, or to anyone.
If we do not give up, we find joy in living!

Like Joyflyn, I don't ride as much as I used to, but enjoy every minute of when I feel good enough to ride. Lately, I've found myself carrying disabled Vets to and from doctor visits, and helping out around the Church, mostly doing all the vacuuming that needs done every week. The trick to living longer, I think, is to not becoming sedentary and "holding down the recliner or rocker". Get out, move about, as often as you can.

Yep,older you get,less you can do.For example, like every good Irishman,I stopped drinking,as soon as I learned it was gonna kill me!

My wife has two trikes built by the Trike Shop in Daytona. One is the Runabout and the other is a Road Hawk. The Runabout has a built 160hp VW and the Run About has a built 140hp VW. https://www.google.com/search?q=trike+shop+runabout+for+sale&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=-s6Pt3zsGe0ReM%3A%2C6zYkQ01c2aRajM%2C_&usg=__ZfCmhfTCuYOFKwkXTVWGWIpfTEs=&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiA2rGipNbbAhUSca0KHQjVABcQ9QEIdDAO#imgrc=fnJsfS8jwqn-hM:
Look like something Ed "Big Daddy" Roth built!

They attract a lot of attention. But they are a blast to ride and with their built motors they will stroll. The pearl white one in the video is hers and her Road Hawk is almost the same color as my Road Glide.

Back