free website stats program Accident repair cost | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Accident repair cost

Cheers jack:)
Will do Don. He says he has checked that, but the proof will be in the handling. I do trust this guy, he has done all the work on all my bikes for that last six years, so I am sure it will be fine. If not, then I am confident that he will sort out any further problems.

It's always great to work with people you trust. Ride safe Tom

Back on the road just in time for the end of the best summer we have had in years

Brian

OK, firstly, I got it back and it runs very smooth. The new parts look amazing - the bike looks better now than it ever did. The V&H double barrel pipes look great and sound like a Harley should. They are not too loud, but sound quite strange at first, but I feel so so happy right now!
Secondly, I just can't wait until the rain stops tomorrow and giver it a proper ride.
Thanks for all your help and advice and good wishes, I hope I've attached the pic properly to show how it looks now.

Tom

Attachments

• IMGP1426.jpg
    IMGP1426.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 20
Great looking ride Tom. We will all be waiting for the report on the "proper" ride. Ride safe.

The result I've been waiting about 3 months for.
Took the bike out for a reasonable run (35 miles) on country roads using gears 1 through 4 up to 60MPH to check the new gear shaft. It was quick off the mark, the gears were quite smooth changing. Engine response was good, no judder when slowing and speeding up. Turning was smooth on bends.
It may take a while to get used to the 'different' sound of the pipes, but overall, it was a fun ride (with wife on pillion, she enjoyed it too but wants some earplugs now :D).
All that is needed are some fine adjustments to the new levers for more comfort.
I will take it to 70MPH tomorrow just to check 5th gear.
All is well at last. The foot/ankle injury is probably as good as it's going to get - still got a solid lump on side of right foot where I was hit, but no real pain there now.:bigsmiley8::bigsmiley8:

Great news Tom, happy riding keep an eye out for the cars:s

Back