free website stats program A question about repo'ing | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

A question about repo'ing

This is a hard lesson learned and there is going to be a cost to get corrected. Legal strategy seems the only way to go. How do you get a vehicle registered when title is not changed over to new owner? To bad this guy was not such the friend you thought. Best of luck.

Contact the police, tell them you are going to collect some property and that you feel you may be in danger, and could they be there just in case. If he answers the door with the police present, he may be inclined to hand it over.

. How do you get a vehicle registered when title is not changed over to new owner?

+1 ??????? ^^^^^^^ I always had to have title in hand before I could do anything be it with a scoot or a cage. If the title is still in your name and not this so-called "friend", I dont see any legal ramification by him if you had the LEO go with you/title in hand and take back the scoot. Have you checked with your local county attorney's office?

Maybe my eyes are deceiving me, but I don't recall reading anything relative to a couple of crucial points in this thread.

1. Who has physical possession of the title?
2. Is there a written agreement regarding the initial sale or was it verbal?

Maybe my eyes are deceiving me, but I don't recall reading anything relative to a couple of crucial points in this thread.

1. Who has physical possession of the title?
2. Is there a written agreement regarding the initial sale or was it verbal?

Good questions.
Maybe we should put the gasoline away till we get all the info

Back