free website stats program 883 iron ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

883 iron ?

I plan on riding to work a lot (weather permitting) this summer with the gas prices and all i leave at 5am is the ss going to wake all my neighbors up??

Don't think it should be a issue. Asking the question shows your mindful already. But, you may want to adjust your start up routine depending.

I'd get my gear on and be ready to go, roll the bike onto the road into the direction you have to go, push the starter and ease off down the road without much idle time.

If you start her up, blip the throttle and let her run as you get ready, you might find your neighbours don't share your enthusiasm of saving $$$ on fuel.

Just my two cents.

PS. I live in the 'burbs with houses stacked right next to each other and everyone still seems to smile when I seem them. What they say under the breath or even out loud, I'm not sure cause I can't hear them!!! Just kidding.

When I put SS's on my 05 XL1200C all I had to do was make a minor carb adjustment (added fuel) because bike already had Stage-1. As other members advise - EFI bikes need computer input to allow for upgrades. You'l be a tad leaner w/these pipes & if the future plans are to make additional mods (i.e. air, cam, etc.) might want to get the tuner now. Dobeck has great products/discounts so recommend you call & see which is best for your plan(s). As far as bike loudness after SS's are on - just keep bike @ low/idle while exiting neighborhood & you'll be fine...they do bark when you hit the gas so wait for that when coming home...;)

Good luck - congrats & enjoy that new scoot!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the help,i have the v&h fuel pack but not the stage 1 ac yet.does the ac have to be installed with the pipes and fuel pack or can the ac wait ?

Thanks for all the help,i have the v&h fuel pack but not the stage 1 ac yet.does the ac have to be installed with the pipes and fuel pack or can the ac wait ?

From my understanding, you can do one mod without touching the EFI.

If you are looking for more umph, I'd say do the a/c first. Once you do the a/c and add the SS, you'll need to adjust the EFI.

I'd do both the SS and a/c and get the EFI tuned for both.

The SS will make for a nice sound track but, may not yield as much of a performance boost. Those using their seat of the pants assesment may disagree but, generally the a/c upgrade yields a better HP yield than the exhaust if you have to chose one over the other for performance upgrades.

Good luck.

Sean

I'll have to defer to someone familiar with fuel management systems as I'm not certain what set-up requirements are needed if installed in concert with the SS.

Sorry, my post was only in consideration of using the stock EFI.

yes you will i have have SS on my 07 1200L. they will pop and backfire on decel due to the shortness of those pipes. v and h has a map on the website so you can adjust the fueler accordingly.

Guess i'll have to do all three at once ii was wanting to wait on the ac its starting to cost more than i wanted.

Whats kind of ac would match up with the ss and v&h fuel pack?

Can't beat HD's SE. Retains stock look, K&N high flow filter.

After that, it just depends on your pocket book, preference and looks. I'm sure you'll get quite a few different recommendations.

Back