free website stats program 5th gear whine | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

5th gear whine

My wife and I had this conversation the other day,have you noticed the showroom gets smaller as the clothing takes up more and more space?

Are you speaking of the "made in china" apparel or was it the Taiwan vintage.:s

They have a jacket made in the sweat shops for $6 and retail it for $400 +
Yep....great "AMERICAN" company. Got to love anyone that can turn sweat shops into profit!!!

Are you speaking of the "made in china" apparel or was it the Taiwan vintage.:s

They have a jacket made in the sweat shops for $6 and retail it for $400 +
Yep....great "AMERICAN" company. Got to love anyone that can turn sweat shops into profit!!!

Every now and then you find something in there that's tagged made in U.S.A. The onley Harley clothing I own is a t-shirt they gave me at a booth for filling out their credit card application

Every now and then you find something in there that's tagged made in U.S.A. The onley Harley clothing I own is a t-shirt they gave me at a booth for filling out their credit card application

Be curious to know the interest rate on that card:D

I think (hope) the next two years will be an eyeopener for them, if the stockholders don't beat them farther into remission with their greed. They are going to loose a lot of liesure buyers that they've had over the last 15 years. Time will tell, but it's usually too late.

The stock holders love the profit and will do very little as long as their returns are there. The company needs a wake up call, most buyers are brand specific and will only buy Harley and I think they capitalize on that fact.

Be curious to know the interest rate on that card:D

The stock holders love the profit and will do very little as long as their returns are there. The company needs a wake up call, most buyers are brand specific and will only buy Harley and I think they capitalize on that fact.

On the back of the statement it shows 19.99%.Credit cards are something that you have to pay off as soon as you get the statement otherwise you end up in a jackpot. I forgot to pay my Aug. statment by the 12 of sept. and they charged me $93.18 interest. My brother-in law finance his 09 Ultra with Harley and when you break down the way they compound the interest he's paying about 19% .I don't kmow how anybody can afford to finance toys.

Losts of people don't understand how they charge the "average daily balance" on those cards and end up with huge interest payments like you did. I fell into that trap once and never did it again. The monthly payment they suggest will never pay down the principal and that's how people get behind the 8 ball then.

As you say, pay the balance off at months end or don't use the card for luxuries.

I'm glad I found this post, I thought my dealer was (Edit) me when he said it was normal.
9.jpg

[notes]
A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
[/notes]

Last edited by a moderator:
When I got the Ultra, I financed through Eagle Finance just to get the bike home knowing that on Monday I was going to go to my credit union. Asked about a CD secured loan where I have the balance secured against a CD I have. Turned out to be a pretty sweet deal. 2% over the CD's interest rate and if the CD's rate drops when I roll the CD over, so does the loan's. Best part is, I keep the title - no lienholder on record - and no scheduled payment. Just pay as you please! (I know better - they get a regular payment every month just like a regular loan.)

Back