free website stats program 4 dead in head on crash in iowa | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

4 dead in head on crash in iowa

I know the kid screwed up big time and I'm sure he feels some remorse , but as far as I'm conserned he deserves every single day of his sentence to think about what he did and the lives he's ruined . Nothing can bring back the 4 that were killed but it should not of ever happened in the 1st place . Poor judgement is not an excuse !

I know the kid screwed up big time and I'm sure he feels some remorse , but as far as I'm conserned he deserves every single day of his sentence to think about what he did and the lives he's ruined . Nothing can bring back the 4 that were killed but it should not of ever happened in the 1st place . Poor judgement is not an excuse !

What ever happened to the full extent that the law allows? Everything is a plea bargain anymore. So hardly anyone pays the full price for their actions, accept for the innocent. What a shame.....

Another update:

Schlichtemeier: 'I am at fault'

I guess it's good he admits it, not like it wasn't obvious.
I went to the link and read the article and watched the video. To see it like that really hits home on what an unfortunate tragedy that it was for all involved. So many lives ruined in an instant forever on what should have been an unavoidable circumstance. This really hits home to me because I had more than my share of DUI's when I was younger and have been in a number of accidents where the vehicles were totaled. I thank God that I don't drink like that kid in the video anymore.

Wow. Sad sad story. My heart goes out to the family members of the victims. Its not often that I do this but when you actually think about who else is on the road with you it is a scary thing. It's a real shame that people think they need to get behind the wheel after drinking. I work on a heavy highway paving crew here in pa and you wouldn't believe the amount of dui's that we see happen in our work zone! This past summer a coworker and good friend got hit by a female teacher over the legal limit of alcohol while he was working inside our pattern, she swerved outside of her lane and struck him with her mirror and side of the car. Fortunately he only suffered minor injuries and was out of work for 4 months but was able to return. Inches could of had a totally different outcome. Sorry to ramble but the point is there are too many ignorant people that think it's okay to drink and drive. Now I'm only 25 years old and some would think that I could be one of these people but I truely feel so strongly against this I can't even explain. Of course I drink but nothing will force me to risk the life of another person. Anyone who gets a DUI should have their license revoked for a long long time. I'm talking years, even on their first offense. And have to go through extensive therapy and rehab. There shouldnt be a second chance for someone who gets caught drinking and driving. I personally know a handful of people that have been caught by the law and were released to drive home on their own! Only because the cop knew them and was trying to help. One of the guys totaled his car drinking and driving one month after the cop left him go. He suffered 4 broken ribs, broken vertebrae, and a broken femur. I guess the cop really helped him out right? Bs so... Now that I got that out of my system. Ride safe and stay alert. I know it can't prevent everything but it will def. help us as motorcyclists be as safe as we can. And if you know someone that is getting behind the wheel after drinking and you have a chance to stop them, do it! You could be saving someones life.

Streetglider08, Its nice to hear someone of your age that has respect and care for himself and others. It seems you also have good common sense. The lack of these factors and the added sense of entitlement is why so many of our youth unfortunately end up in situations such as this. The added insult is when these accidents do happen and someone is hurt or worse there is now a plea bargain so that the one that should be responsible does not have to endure the full penalty of the law. What a inferior system we have...

Back