free website stats program 30,000 on an '07 | Page 11 | Harley Davidson Forums

30,000 on an '07

Spirit, Oh your right. An extra 6 hours at $75/hour is $500. Anyway you look at it, that is a lot of money. I would feel the same way as you do if I was paying the bill. I was just trying to help you swallow the pill.
Thanks for that.:s it's still gonna be a tough one to swallow.....at least till the credit card is paid off again. :small3d023:

You might be right, 10 hours might not seem like enough time to do a job like that for you or me, but for some one who does it for a living it's a little bit different. With the right tools,equipment, experiance and know how things take a lot less time......Besides "they" came up with 10 hours for the book, not me.
The only reason I even questioned the hours was because I was told by other mechanics that there is no way it takes 16 hours to swap a motor.
One guy told me he could change the motor in 10 hours taking his time, and that I should call around to other Harley Shops and see if I could find out what the book time was and what they would charge so I did.

Its a shame they offed you like that, Most laws state they cannot go 10 percent over original Quote with out your OK, that said I cant imagine they would Mis Quote you that bad, I would NEVER go back there again, Good Luck:D

You might be right, 10 hours might not seem like enough time to do a job like that for you or me, but for some one who does it for a living it's a little bit different. With the right tools,equipment, experiance and know how things take a lot less time......Besides "they" came up with 10 hours for the book, not me.
The only reason I even questioned the hours was because I was told by other mechanics that there is no way it takes 16 hours to swap a motor.
One guy told me he could change the motor in 10 hours taking his time, and that I should call around to other Harley Shops and see if I could find out what the book time was and what they would charge so I did.

just had the shop pull my motor and reseal the crank case they had to completly dissasmble the engine to do it and Harley only let them charge 6.9 hours for the whole job

just had the shop pull my motor and reseal the crank case they had to completly dissasmble the engine to do it and Harley only let them charge 6.9 hours for the whole job

That would have been a perfect opportunity to shore up the crank pin for $125 extra and put that problem away forever.

tryed they had told me they where not going to have to tear down the motor that far to fix the leak so i thought they had so craze trick i did know about wasnt till i got up with the tech that did the work after words and said he had the flywheel out and in his hand.

Back