free website stats program 2007 FXD Dyna Super Glide | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 FXD Dyna Super Glide

Has anyone looked into this bike yet? I was just on the Harley website doing some research on the new bikes since I really don't know much about them yet. This bike looks good and has a decent 1584cc, 96 cubic inch V-Twin engine! What do you all think of this bike?

Ask me in a week or so because mine is on the way. I was built with my (backside) a little too close to the ground so it was a good choice for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have the 2007 superglide custom and love it ....great bike . lots of torque-good stopping power-handles and rides great !

Mine has ~750 miles and has started giving me idle problems. Some days I have ridden 15 miles to work and had the idle hang up too high after getting off the interstate ramp. Now the idle is sometimes too low. I have had it stall 3 times after coming to a stop.

This is unacceptable - especially after the way it was running. It fired right up after about 1/2 a crank when out of storage this Spring. I wonder if it is the throttle position sensor, or who knows what. There is a < T10 sized throttle stop screw on the throttle body. I may find/buy a wrench for it and turn it in a bit.

Any ideas out there? THANKS!

Leave that set screw where it is, there's a cap on it for a reason. The ECM will return the idle to where it is set in the memory anyway after you mess with it and you will set a code when it gets too far out. Find out what the problem is and correct that.
The dealer has to set the idle speed with the digital tech.

You may have a problem with the idle stepper motor that is giving you this problem.

By turning that screw you change the TPS setting which the computer uses for engine management parameters.

I gotta say, I think I'd leave that screw be and look for some other answers :s.
I bet Fisher & Glider can get you on the right track to the source of the gremlin.

Whoops, sorry to mislead you guys. The screw in question is not capped. It faces straight in; behind the AC backing plate. When the throttle is closed the throttle cam rests against the end of this screw. I was thinking of turning it in a little as if applying a bit of throttle.

Last edited:
Back