free website stats program 2007 FXD Dyna Super Glide | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 FXD Dyna Super Glide

It's a nice bike, best value if you want a big twin. Depends on your budget and preferences but if you're just wanting to get into a big twin and can just afford this one, it's a good choice. I originally was going to go with this but ended up going to town on a Street Glide! :)

bought a s/glide custom last month, my first Harley. I find it lacks flexibility in 5th and 6th gear. Shakes like mad 55 - 65 but breathless at same speed in 4th. Is it me or do they all do that.

Comments from experienced owners would be helpful

I bought my Superglide about a month ago and love it. She is very comfortable to ride and looks great. She started with noo bells and whistles so you can do pretty much whatever you decide to do to dress her up.

We bought an 07 Superglide 2 months ago and have put 4k miles on it already. This is my 3rd HD and we average 20k miles a year on our HD's. My wife rides everywhere with me so these miles are all "two-up". The only mods we made are a touring saddle with backrest and Vance & Hines Longshots with K&N high flow air filter with upgraded download for the EFI. The TC96 motor is fantastic. It has torque everywhere. The six speed transmission is smooth and spot on especially for interstate long hauls. As to whether to buy a Road King or other bagger, you have to decide do you want to pay $5k+ more for a bike that is heavier, less powerful due to the weight and handles poorly in curves. Baggers are great if you miss your car, but the Superglide puts the wind in your face and is a real Bikers bike.

I also bought a new Superglide two months ago. I absolutely love the bike. My first Harley and I should have done this 10 years ago. My only problem is the drive belt squeals. I have had it back to the shop, they adjusted it and after about 200 more miloes it was back to squealling again. Any suggestions.

Woody

Assuming the tension and alignment is correct, some have used a brush with a mild dish detergent and rinsed well afterwords to eliminate noise in the belts.

I got my '07 about 6 months ago. I have over 6k on it. I'ts been a great ride. I did put some risers to bring the bar up and back a bit. Also added highway pegs; it's nice to be able to change feet posistions on longer rides.

I have an 07 FXD and my wife and I are very happy with it. We have put 14k miles on it in 7 months. Buy one Lady and you won't be sorry!

Welcome to the forum Jim07HD. Usually everyone starts their own post to introduce themselves in the New Member Introduction section or you may get lost in the shuffle.:D

Nice looking bike there.

Last edited:
Back