free website stats program 2007 FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic

Last weekend I purchased a 2007 Heritage. What a Bike! I had test demo rode both the Fat Boy and the Heritage during Biketoberfest in Daytona. What I personally found was that the new Fat Boy's seat was to wide causing discomfort on my inner legs and pressure on my knees when riding. The Heritage fits like a glove. Perfect Balance and Smooth Ride. Corners like it is on rails. The Power of the 96 is impressive and the 6 speed really lowers the RPM's by about 400-500. You should really be above 60-65 before using 6th gear, but at that range you are hardly even using the throttle.....so sweet!

I am having the Screaming Eagle Upgrade done today. That includes SE High Flow air filter and the new for 07 performance software Race Package. This software continuasly monitors the fuel-air ratio through 28 stages and provides the peak performance (with approx a 15% increase in HP and Tork over stock). Also am having Vance & Hines new for 07 Big Shots Staggered pipes installed. These have the new O2 sensors that are now on the 07's and the Big Shots (in some versions) have a custom built in cross over that makes the two into two perform like a two into one. (two into one pipes give you about 11-12 hp increase and the new Big Shot give 8-9 hp increase but retain that great two x two look).

I will report back after having this work done and tell you all how much difference it made.

Safe Riding

PS.
I had traded in my 2004 Sportster 1200 Custom on the Heritage. This is my second H-D.

Had the work done, and boy do I like it!!!!!!

If loud pipes are an issue for you, then I would reccomend that if you go with the Vance & Hines you order the Quiet Baffles. The Pipes are loud to you on the bike, but don't seem to bad behind you. Could just be that the 96 just has that much more uphm that the old 1200 did. The low pitch rumble is awesome. The acceleration (which was great stock) is just WOW :D and the Heritage rides so smooth you'll be flying down the road before you realise your going that fast :eek: .

I haven't been able to completely open her up yet, as I have to wait until after 500 miles to make sure I do the Break In properly.

But the preview is ........ well I think you know what I think so far.

From my wife's view, she loves her Heritage as well, Hers is stock and more than enough power for her. She came from a Suzuki Savage 650 to this so she is quite happy. She is fairly tall (5' 10") and slender (about 115) and she has no problems picking up the bike off the stand and is able to handle it quite well. Backing it up is sometimes a chore for her (especially if its at all uphill) but thats what hubby's are for to help pull. She had injured her hip in an auto accident some years back and the Heritage is the only bike so far that she feels like she can ride long distance on.

Needless to say we are both very happy with 2007 Heritage.

FM

This bike is taking everyone back to the good old day's of Harley. The design of this bike is based off of the vintage softails with some added updates. I really like this bike and it looks like it would be great for longer riding. I love how it seats two easily and focuses on the comfort of the second rider so much. Take a look at this bike and tell us what you think.
I think the FLSTC of 2007 with the new tranny and 96 incher is going to be the biggest classic of the future! I ordered mine in Burgundy and Cre'me and Gold Pearl. It should roll off the production line between January and March......GOD,...I can't wait!!!!

I really love even just looking at that bike. I was going for a walk yesterday and seen one roaring down the street. It sent a rush through me. Does anyone else ever experience this or am I crazy LOL
Nope, .....you're not crazy.....adrenaline fires me up everytime I hear a Harley ride by, let alone seeing that it's an FLSTC!!!!!!!!!!

Hello everyone im new here:) i am currently deployed in the middle east but through a military program i have placed my order for the 07 heritage classic and expect delivery round june when i finally get to go home:D im stoked man i cant wait!!! do have a quick question tho. im looking to drop in V&H BS staggered as well as high flow filter and thinking of tuning with the pcIII usb myself. any thoughts on this setup? how long i should wait before doin this etc etc? just curious and wanting some experienced thought on the matter. thanks;)

Hello everyone im new here:) i am currently deployed in the middle east but through a military program i have placed my order for the 07 heritage classic and expect delivery round june when i finally get to go home:D im stoked man i cant wait!!! do have a quick question tho. im looking to drop in V&H BS staggered as well as high flow filter and thinking of tuning with the pcIII usb myself. any thoughts on this setup? how long i should wait before doin this etc etc? just curious and wanting some experienced thought on the matter. thanks;)

I had the Big Shots Staggered installed with the Screaming Eagle High Flow air filter,as well as the HD Race Tuner Package. The Race Tuner Package is a software program that allows you to make adjustments as you make addition changes to your bike.

I highly reccomend this system. The performance is very noticable and the power flow is consistant throughout the entire range of throttle. The RTP monitors the flow of air and fuel through 28 stages, giving the extact mixure needed.

I had my HD Dealer do the work, so the bike is covered by HD Warrenty. (I had the work done 1 week after purchase)

I am fully satisfied with my 2007 Heritage and would reccomend this bike to anyone. Come home safe and enjoy your new Ride.

FM

Thanks for the info H-D. i will definatly take your thoughts into consideration. is the hd race tuner adjustable by the owner as well or do i have to go to the dealer every time i change something?

The RTP comes with a CD that you can install on your computer that shows you the different read-outs. In order for you to make changes yourself, you will need to also purchase the "cables" that allow you to hook up the "black box" to your bike. When you hook up the box, you can take your bike for a short ride,and with the box in diagnostic mode, it will take the readings of where your bike is set. You then transfer the readings onto your PC and you can make the adjustments as needed.

The RTP was really designed for use at the track for instant changes as needed. If you are familure enough with the system I see no reason why you could not do this yourself. As I said, I had it done at the Dealer so that my New Bike retained the 2 yr warranty. This alone was enough for me to have them do it. If you install yourself, I do not believe the warranty is held intact (actually I know its not by reading the info that comes with the unit).

Another reason why I chose to go with the RTP over something like the Power Commander or Fuel Pak was what I learned talking with my HD Custom Chrome and Design Expert. Now considering that he can offer me any item I choose (they carry all the brands) he took the time to explain the differences and allowed me to decide which was right for me. I had origanlly planned on using the V & H Fuel Pak, But what I learned was most of the other systems simply over-ride the factory ECU and use themselves to control your engine. The RTP, on the other hand, is a complete software package that installs into the ECU and works with it by design.

I have a friend that went with another brand (DVO I think it was) and his ECU ended up being completely screwed up. He ended up having to re-download a Road King package from another bike into his just to get it running again. Even the Guys at my HD Dealership said they had never seen a system so screwed up (they were the ones to get him running again, the shop that sold him the other system paid for the work because they- the other shop- could not get him running right again).

Lastly, I figure that HD makes the Bikes and the Engines as well as the systems that make them work, so they should know what it takes to make it run correctly.

Put it this way,

Stock 07-96 Torx 87 HP 62

RTP with SE Air Filter & BS Staggered Torx 100 HP 83-85

"nuff said".

The final decission is yours.

FM

Last edited:
wow...good info, there are so many different tuners it was a little confusing. i think your right i believe i will stick with the RTP and local harley shop and let them do the work but i will definatly get all the cables for down the road when the warranty isnt around anymore. thanks again for your help:D

Your welcome,

Ride Safe when you get back home.

Thank You once again for what you are doing for me and others over there. Be Safe and Come Home.

FM

Back