free website stats program 2007 Fatboy Alarm issues..help! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 Fatboy Alarm issues..help!

glider, Rodger that, I will try tomorrow, it might save me trailering bike for 40 miles. My next will be an ultra I believe..

Again thanks glider, I used to do that with an old 59 ford I had, been so long I forgot it. It was a three on the tree, first time I did it, car was in reverse..thank god for that..live and learn hey?

Can't jump through the starter. Smart system shuts starter down, ingnition also, I can bypass both. It stops the fuel...that will get me...Into the shop tomorrow..thanks for all the help..I'll post so if anyone else ever loses communication between fob and bike...this might be helpful..time to play with the kids..My two border collies.. thanks everyone..keeper on two...

Last edited by a moderator:
floydster, I pulled the main fuse a few minutes ago, after charging battery, it looks burnt. 75 in there, book says 40...

What do you mean by " the fuse looks burnt", is it blown?
And if the manual says 40 watt and there is a 75 in there, what is the deal?
Anything over a 40 watt could burn the wiring on the bike, this is very concerning, what is the history on the bike, a lot of questions.

Since 2002 if there was a problem in the secureity system, pulling the maxi fuse
should reset the computer, are U pulling any codes?

Floydster

Thought for a minute I might have been onto something, It is looking to me that my tsm module must be fried. the two functions are turn signals and bank angle sensor. This is factory installed so now it is a H-DSSS(harley davidosn smart security system) with the fob being HFSM. (hands free security module)I have ran down the circuit fuse per service manual. NOT an H.D. tech but thier is no doubt that when accessories get added, the service manual doesn't exactly fall in line with what is done. Not frustrated yet but getting a little t'd off. I will get this,I ordered a new module today. You would think a bigger shop would have one on hand. I definitely have a lot to learn, it's obvious that there could be a few modifications made to make this Security System a little more friendly. Like, The Service Manual actually being the same as what you find when you lift the seat off. I intend on running every electrical circuit down tomorrow with a volt meter that has anything remotely to do with the H_DSSS system. I am an Amercan Farmer, I'll weld (EDIT) near anything with a steel clothes hanger, but this is just a little different...I have new respect for those that have to work on some of these systems...

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Waylon,
I wish you the best of luck, elec. problems are the hardset to solve in some cases, please keep us posted.
Floydster

Floydster, Is there a way we can talk direct? The bike has been serviced by one shop in Greenville,S.C. I purchased it from a retired Army doctor, I am the second owner. Had 3700 miles on it when it was shipped this spring. I had it shipped to Sport Motors , Harley Davidson , Chippewa Falls, Wi. I asked them to go through everything on the bike to make sure all was on the up and up. Bike is cosmetically flawless, a lot of add-ons that I was told someone with a good income would add. I have put on 1200 miles on the bike since I have owned it . Fair weather rider, Why there is a 75 in there I have no idea. I would have thought, this is something that would have been checked by the harley shop that charged me near $400 for the incoming inspections. I do not pretend to be an harley tech, not stupid,not ignorant. I am simply going by the Harley Service Manual and Operators Manual as my guide. I wll load the bike on a trailer tomorrow and will communicate in and educational fashion to the 30 year master mechanic that was assigned to my Fatboy. There are two fuse coming from my positve, Manual shows one main, electric circuit in manual shows one. Could it be do to the Security system. I don't know. All lights work,horn, window digital display, so if any wiring is fried it would have to be ran down. I just don't know. And I am starting to wonder if some flags should have been raised to see such a big fuse. I doubt very much the doctor I purchased this from worked on it. He retired Army and went into his own practice, Very busy intelligent man. Needless to say I will share my information on line here and hopefully a good conclusion can be found. There are more fuses than the Service manual show. Though, everything looks like it hasn't been band aided together..thanks..

If any harley tech is on the line, failiar with a 2007 fatboy,factory installed h-dsss I would enjoy your input. I will figure this out, I worked as a Dimensional Layout Inspector for Harley Davidson for over 7 years, Milwaukee, Wi' plant on capitol drive. Worked mainly on transmissions, vendor supplied Dimensional Metrlogy. Insuring dimensional and Mettalurgical Control was met per Harley Davidson Specifications along ANSI standards. And some mil.105 regs. A lot of lab and dimensional work, spectrometer metal analysis, statistical process control...Not a job for everyone either. I am now a farmer. Never owned a Harley while I worked for them. Good family to work for. Now I can see through the eyes of an Inspector, that there are some gray areas in thier applications of circuitry...thanks...waylon...I like farming better ...

I believe I have solved my problem with my Fatboy, I today got a volt tester, a good one, and tested each fuse on both sides. Soon, the egg on my face will dry and I can wash it off. Upon pulling the battery fuse and putting it back in. I charged the battery up. The battery after charge registered 12.6 . I started in the fuse box again, the first thing I did was put on my glasses, reading. I noticed the one that was 75 was 7.5...no comment. I started hitting each side of the fuses, found the battery fuse was imputting 12 and .02 was going to the starter. Replaced the fuse,tho not visibly blown, the h-dsss system activated and the Fatboy responded. I don't feel foolish, but have learned an important understanding with the system of the security. You can have a charged battery, lights, a good looking fuse, but your alarm in abled position will decharge , or at least did mine. I have added a tender and will use that when not in use. Only one question left, between the fuse box and the tank there's a small 1/2 inch square hook up to something that has a red wire. I am taking my bike in today for it's 5000 mile check up. Hopefully this will be an easier learning curve. I want to thank everyone for thier help. I know security systems are options, they draw a lot of juice, remember that if you put one on or have one. This is what I have learned. Bike is up and running...I guess time will tell...thanks again, waylon..American Farmer..

floydster, I pulled the main fuse a few minutes ago, after charging battery, it looks burnt. 75 in there, book says 40...

The main fuse can not be 7.5 amps either. I must conclude that the "Main" fuse you were looking at was not really the main fuse.

But anyway.. glad it is working.

Back