free website stats program 2007 Fatboy Alarm issues..help! | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 Fatboy Alarm issues..help!

waylon

Account Removed
2007 Fatboy Patriot Edition,USMC..Factory installed Security, no siren or chirp.Bike runs great, until last friday.. went for a short ride in the morning , come home and put bike in garage , locked ignition. Come back to ride towards evening(cooler). No start,turned on ignition, got lights, have signal lights but won't work. neutral,oil lamp on, turned on, hit starter..no body home. Replaced batteries in both fobs, they were already somewhat new but...didn't matter. Pulled the seat after talking to a friend at a nearby Harley shop, Disconnected negative, checked fuses,seemed good. Didn't check the main cuz I figured it must be good or I would have any lights. Air horn works. No key flashing..Not a motorcycle mechanic but have service manual and I guess I have good common sense,most of the time anyway. I was told module in signal light system maybe...Any suggestions would really help. I have heard some horror storys. I tried a manual disarm, no go. My bike is sitting and looking good but kicking my butt...

I am pretty sure if you hit the starter and do NOT get a rapid 4 way flasher, it is not an alarm or security issue. I would diagnose it as just "starter will not engage" condition.

By chance is kill switch in off position instead of "run" position?

no, when I approach the bike , the key isn't flashing in the window..appears for what ever reason, won't disarm. won't take a manual either. Went through procedures more than a few times. I was told to perhaps charge battery but lights all come on, air horn works, signal lights come on but don't flash.

Don't worry about the "key" window light for now.

1) When you push the start button to crank, does the 4 way flasher rapidly flash.
2) Is the Kill switch in the run position.

Take a chance and remove and clean BOTH battery terminals. Neg off first and on last.

You could have lights etc and still not start because of the amps needed to turn it over.

Thanks glider, I will try that. No corrosion at all , the key icon that lights up and flashes every five seconds does not flash, which tells me that it is not acknowledging my fob..I will clean terminals, they look spotless. When you hit start, it's dead. flat completely. Like the starter is disconnected completely. I checked all leads to the starter also. I can use all the help I can get. I did notice one thing in the fusebox. And remember, just two months ago I had this bike gone completely through at our dealership. But, in the fuse box I noticed that the P&A (2 amp max),no 4 in the owners manual has a 15 amp fuse in it?I would have thought this would have been checked at the harley shop. Not sure the function of the low am fuse.

Glider, The lights don't flash at all, and I do have the switch on run. Wish I knew more. I see that one connection under the seat, not sure what it is called, has two heavy wires going into a small area, like they're connecting, it looks like that had got warm. I am not sure what that controls. I also noticed as I was looking at my starter and checking connections that under and behind the oil reservoir was a some type of connection not connected. I am not sure where this feeds to, I don't know if it is for some addon or what. I didn't however see anything right there that appeared disconnected from this connector.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question here, do you have a cel phone or anything electronic near by the bike or fob that could interfere?

Have you tried the manual alarm deactivation yet usint the code and the directional buttons?

Glider, I thought of that cell phone thing afterwards. It could have been possible that I had my cell in my pocket. I wasn't aware of that until I couldn't get my bike started. I quickly addressed that situation. Still with no apparent luck. I turn the ignition to on, neutral light is lit, oil lamp is lit. auxillary lights as headlamp both come on with signal and tailight. When ignition is on the signal lights are lit but do not function.Turn to on , hit start and nothing, I have tried manual disarming, it won't respond.

What would affect this security? baffles me, Bike runs great. Has vance and hines pipes and has been retuned through a power commander to accept transfer of exhaust.

Back