free website stats program 2007 Fatboy Alarm issues..help! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 Fatboy Alarm issues..help!

glider, I have tried to manually disarm with no success. going right from my owners manual. I have no chirp , no flashing of signal lights ...zip. I see some unconnected fitting behind and under my oil reservoir . looks like it plugs into something..can't find the other end close to it . and it has a strap attaching it to another wire with a dead end type plug on it. I will try and take a picture. I just went and tried again. There is simply no acknowledgement what so ever from either fob to the bike, nothing. I drove the bike in the garage , after a 30 mile jog, that's it . I always shut my auxillary lights off. Use my on off kill switch to stop. lock my inginition. keys go in my coat and thats it. What occurred after I left my bike is beyond me. It was 7 hours later I was going for a cruise . we are in the country,and no reaction what so ever. I do not have a battery tester. I will pull the battery out and hook it up to a good charger. just bewilders me when my lights are working , who wouldn't that key icon flash. And do you know what the 2amp P&A fuse is for? like I say someone put a 15 in there, possibly because that was the spare? I'll get this figured out yet. I appreciate the help Glider, I am going to take a few pics. I went down to our pole shed where the bike is only to find the batterys dead in my camera. HOpe this doesn't keep up..my cell phone is (removed) or if it would be okay, let me have yours and we can talk straight on , with my dime..

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's look at this rationally, first find out what those plugs are and have you tested the fuses with a test light on BOTH ends of the fuse to asertain if the fuse is conducting?

You mention about the 2 amp fuse, most all fuses are larger than that and it could be an incorrect size for the application.

Check your manual to see the correct size for that fuse position and replace it then.

Can't call you so I will remove the number for security reasons.

Last edited:
no chirp , no communication what so ever between the bike and fob. What keeps that key icon from not flashing? Do you know what fuse that runs on?

Took a couple of pictures, hopefully this help. Not sure what both wires are for under the oil tank, they are banded together.

Attachments

• 100_6455aB.jpg
    100_6455aB.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 100_6458aB.jpg
    100_6458aB.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 24
Waylon, Please let our group know what the problem was when you get it started. Very interesting....wish I could help but I think glider and the others will get you going....GOOD LUCK.

Thanks, i will follow up with everyone. I troubleshooting through my service manual also. I've decided to take a break until tomorrow, kind of feel like i'm spinning my wheels. Dead horse for right now. I appreciate everyones help. A little frusrating but where there's a fault...theres a cure..i will definitely know come this next week when i can get with better diagnosing equipment. I haven't worked much with security systems. I am about to learn more of them. Great when they work, keep your butt in the seat of your truck when they fail. Providing this is what it turns out to be. My fob has definetly lost communication with my bike.

To me the extra plug looks like the other alarm port, when I changed mine to make noise I had to use a different plug then just the light only alarm. I don't know, but maybe (I'm sure) someone will tell me, if you have everything in place, FOB wise, and bike won't start due to say bad switch or FOB what happens if you push start it, will it start????

'Good idea , I hadn't thought of that. Unfortunately my driveway is grave. Shouldn't have t push it far I wouldn't think. Probably use 2nd . Thanks, I could find no reference what so ever in the Service manual or owners manual. I am sure I will learn from this. Wish some lessons would come a little easier. thanks for the idea..will let you know..

You could also jump the starter by using a jumper from the POS battery to the small terminal on the starter solenoid with the green wire removed with the ignition on and the bike in neutral to see if it fires up.

Back