free website stats program 2006 Dyna inner primary bearing problem? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

2006 Dyna inner primary bearing problem?

Just upgraded my 06 FXDL with 40,000 trouble free miles with a Zippers Performance Muscle 95 Big Bore Kit and Thundermax tuner (closed loop); while in the shop I had the somewhat infamous Stator/rotor replaced (two bolts were only finger tight) and the inner primary bearing checked. Bearing was pitted pretty bad; I don't think I would have gotten another season out of either the stator or primary bearing. Opted for a Baker replacement bearing my mechanic called the only HD shop in ND I trust and was told that is what they use when they need to replace one. Picked the bike up this past Saturday; on their website Zippers says "Twist the grip on your Twin Cam, and Unleash the Power - It's a blast to ride!" They weren't kidding, unbelievable difference from even the 96 cu in harleys and the power band with the Thundermax is impressive.
Once I overcome my computer stupidity I will post some pictures.

They have the same problem with 09 ultra mine and a buddys went out at 22 thou, had a real hard time to find one, it was on back order

Are they still swapping this out? I am in SoCal and 3rd owner with 25,000 miles and they are charging me $1200.

I already called HD and had them talk with local dealer in Irvine and they are telling me I am screwed.

Any of you getting this covered still?

Back