free website stats program 2001 wide glide carb with security no start | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

2001 wide glide carb with security no start

i have not held the fob button in for 15 seconds. but i will when i get back there from work this evening....you are a genius and i will reply back with the info i find out tonight.

so the bike was meant for me i've lived in sin for 12 yrs now and get asked every week when are we getting married

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume this is only a test to see if the bike will run. It is not a permanent fix.
I have never hot wired a bike like this. But if I was going to try it, I would remove the TSSM. Then at the TSSM connector shunt pin 9 ground. That is safe to do and will enable the bike to crank (if there are no other issues. Start relay bad etc). On pin 10 it may be safer to connect a 100 ohm (2 watt) resistor between the wire and ground. I just don't know for sure what HD is doing with that wire. It's probably safe to ground it directly, but I have never tried it. So use the resistor and proceed at your own risk. If the resistor does not get hot, that is a good sign.

BTW,, pin 12 (black wire) of the TSSM connector is ground. Very convenient to use.

Leave the TSSM out of the circuit during this test.

well i got the starter to work by grounding pin 9 and the relay clicks and bike cranks but no fire. i held fob button in for 30 seconds and still didnt work and thats when i grounded pin 9 and got bike to spin over but won't fire

I would not expect it to have spark. What did you do with pin 10. The Ignition gets disabled through pin 10.

i put a radio shack resistor on pin 10 and grounded it and it did nothing, not hot or sparks or anything

i did get it to fire up again by turning the on/off thumb switch on and off but it just died a few seconds after starting.

well i cut pin 9 and 10 wires and grounded them both and put tssm back in and held start button in and then clicked thumb run switch to on and it popped then i did it again and it popped and backfired and did it again and she is running as we speak.

check engine light is on and security key while running

Ok. So pin 10 can be sinked directly to ground without a meltdown.
Service manuals usually don't tell you how to hot-wire their products...
So it sounds like your running.

yes but is it all in the tssm you think

if i order a new tssm is there anything tricky i have to do to get it to work?

as soon as i take my temporary ground off the bike dies and then i have to cycle the thumb switch to start it again

Back