free website stats program Your View of Heated Grips???? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Your View of Heated Grips????

I don't have them so I can't said... But I read somewhere... "Your ride You decide". If you need them then go for it! :s

Never had heated grips on m/c, but did use them on snowmobiles in MN winter months. When they worked, it was OK; hands still got a little cold from outer wind hitting backs of hand/gloves. IMO - heated gloves/gear are a much better investment and perform w/more even heating. Gerbing makes good stuff...Gerbing's Heated Clothing // The World's Warmest Clothing!

I've got to agree with Iceman on this one, the gerbings gloves are the way to go. I had the harley grip warmers on my ultra, 2 sets neither lasted very long. 1st set burned out not too long after I put them on, dealer gave me warranty. Next set lasted once season then buned out, no warranty. I didnt use them much except I start riding early in the spring and ride late into fall (40- 45 degrees). They do work ok, but I have tried my buddies gerbings gloves and they are a way better investment for warmth and lastablility.
As for connection of the grips, I cannot remember how I tied them in but I do remember that there was instructions with them and evertything to connect them up to Harley's suggested spot.

Heated grips? What are they? Jack, you heard of these? Don, you? :D

Just kidding around. If they extend your riding season, I say go for it!

:p Wish I had them back in MN in the old days:D I say if you ride year round you are going to like them

I had them on my Goldwing and they did OK. I have a set of heated gloves that is more effective.
In addition, the HD heated grips are not very reliable.

06' RG, located in NC and ride all year.

I am thinking about putting heated grips on my ride. Want to know who has them and how you feel about them.

Were they fairly easy to isntall and what power source did you go to when installing.

Any suggestions on brand?

Well, I was thinking of going with grips, but now I may be thinking gloves?

Everyone who has had the grips seems to have liked them, but some said the gloves are better, will have to look into them.

thanks for the link to the gloves and grips.

Good choice:s

Well, I was thinking of going with grips, but now I may be thinking gloves?

Everyone who has had the grips seems to have liked them, but some said the gloves are better, will have to look into them.

thanks for the link to the gloves and grips.

A bit of a hijack, but there sure seems to be an awful lot of good engine heat going to waste. If we could only figure out a way to trap some of that, we would be in good shape for cool riding days. Old VW bugs used engine heat for heating the passenger compartment. Might look funny, but be just the ticket for us die-hard winter riders. If you can keep your core warm, your body won't withdraw blood from the extremities, so your hands should not get frigid, at least as bad as they do now...

Enjoy,
Rich P

Back