free website stats program You guys stateside have all the room in the world | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

You guys stateside have all the room in the world

London is definitly a "tight" place to ride. Just about as bad a cities in Italy.

I rarely use the Street Bob to go into Rome: I use my Honda SH 150 for that.

Every Country as its scenic roads and, in the end, can provide enjoyment to the riders.

I don't envy USA (for many reasons...) but I admit that there are some great roads to ride there. There are also many boring ones.

In Europe we have a great variety of roads, good ad boring and, most of all, wonderful cities.
Yes, some can look scary to drivers used to drive in the desert or in 5 lanes straight roads, but if well approached.... the experience they provide is great!

I think that this kind of views (Emperor Augustus' Palace just over the Circus Maximus) is priceless... despite the "tightness" of the city!
:s:p

3230d1242580058-post_a_pic_of_your_dyna_here-full_view.jpg

Ciao
Ugo

Having driven in the states several times,the sheer size and beautiful views make it a winner with me :)

I rarely use the Street Bob to go into Rome: I use my Honda SH 150 for that.

Every Country as its scenic roads and, in the end, can provide enjoyment to the riders.

I don't envy USA (for many reasons...) but I admit that there are some great roads to ride there. There are also many boring ones.

In Europe we have a great variety of roads, good ad boring and, most of all, wonderful cities.
Yes, some can look scary to drivers used to drive in the desert or in 5 lanes straight roads, but if well approached.... the experience they provide is great!

I think that this kind of views (Emperor Augustus' Palace just over the Circus Maximus) is priceless... despite the "tightness" of the city!
:s:p

3230d1242580058-post_a_pic_of_your_dyna_here-full_view.jpg

Ciao
Ugo

Poor choice of words. Instead of "as bad" I should have said "as similar".
Driving in Italy was one of the best experiences of my travels there (Food comes first:D, tied with my first views of "Italian Style"). What worried me were all the cobble stones in places like Florence, Rome and Milan. Seemd to be pretty slick in the rain. Also, many of the churches had special areas were many candles, pictures and helmets of riders, no longer with us, were on display. I can't remember the roads, but the trip from Rome up to Assissi had some spectacular roads that cut through mountains of white rock with huge sections of suspended highway (hundreds of feet up) with plenty of twisties. Gorgeous and it (IMHO) was easily on par with some of the spectacular rides in the US.

I have an 8x10 photo on my office wall of a 1200 custom Sportster parked in Rome.
Flat black tank with a red sillouette of the ruins of the Colleseum and the words "HD Roma".

While the US has some great roads, Italy has a tremendous percentage of people traveling daily on 2 wheels. I like that!!!:D:D

Back