free website stats program XP Home Security 2012 | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

XP Home Security 2012

After 12 years of dealing with all the windows problems, and repairing computers for others, I said enough is enough. I went out and bought an iMac. Granted Macs have some issues, but NOTHING like windows! It was fun and enjoyable for a long time, but after time, you get tired of the 'little' kids that keep wreaking havoc with windows. After 1 year of having my iMac, I have had NO trouble. I leave it on 90% of the time, and it never ceases to amaze me. Sooner or later, MAYBE the 'little' kids will figure a way to harm Apple OS.
but no wheres near the trouble they do with windows!

BRIAN

The Macs are good because they are proprietary and have the machine and OS locked up sales wise. Whereas the IBM clones were everywhere and cheaper. In the beginning there was not near as much software for the Mac and over the years that has changed. If they keep getting more popular the virus geeks will turn their efforts to the Macs also. It's all about going after the widest audience.

The best type of virus is obviously "no " virus at all.

The second best type of virus is one that you see something is wrong and you know you have a virus. These types are created by emotionally depraved individuals.

The worst type of virus is one that you have no idea it is even running on your computer, nor does it want to shut down or harm your computer, nor does it want you knowing it's there. These types are created by extremely capable programmers who are criminals. They are looking for ways to "see" your data, like bank passwords etc.

Never allow Windows to "remember" any critical password. Always type it in. It's ok for forum passwords etc but not for stuff like banks or reseller sites. Never use the same format of password for "remembered" passwords as you do critical ones. Don't copy and paste your passwords, hackers have programs to see the clipboard memory. And even when you type it, you need an anti-keylogger app to keep hacks from getting your key punches. Use critical passwords that have at least 1 captial letter and at least 4 random numbers with the rest of the small case text. Store you critical passwords in a safe or encryted password manager. Never use your real name for a logon to a public forum or reveal too much personal data about yourself, especially of the same information you use for security questions at your bank logon.

The MS Windows "remembered" password file is also encrypted but much about it's algorithym is known. It's location is common knowledge and it can be copied online to a computer at the hack's site where a brute force cracking program can have all the time it needs to work on it.

Back