free website stats program Would You Buy A Switchback? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Would You Buy A Switchback?

Decided to keep the Low Rider. I've owned 2 SuperGlides which I traded for "baggers", and was sorry later on, so I sold them and got a dyna back. I traded amy Street Glide for the Low Rider, because even at my age (66), I like the performance, feel, and look of the dyna family. I know if I bought the Switchback, I'd just feel like I was back on a "bagger". They look like USEFUL motorcycles, but maybe not much fun. Thanks for all your responses. Appreciated!

Dyna's are nimble ,lighter,and to me more fun to ride.I always figured a switchback would be like that.Look's like you added forward foot controls,I think those are more comfortable than floorboards,unless you also have Eng.Guard/pegs.Dual disc up front is something I never knew on any Dyna,pretty cool on the Lowrider.

wow,I'm seeing wholesale at 10500 on a switchback.They either stole it as a trade,or are willing to take a blow on it.I see a LOT of switchbacks at every dealer,don't know why.I guess originally seeing how close they were in price to a Road King is the reason I never got one.

If You want a collector's item,Switchback is the way to go.This is the last year of manufacture.I watched a salesman take the saddle bags off and put them back on and thought"what a hassle,Who designed those?".To each His own.Some may like the Switchback,but, not for Me.

I like the looks of them. I sat on a 2015 used and it felt lower than my Tour Classic. But it was used and was possibly lowered by the previous owner.

Edited to add: I am 6'8" tall. I don't need lower. LOL

Decided to keep the Low Rider. I've owned 2 SuperGlides which I traded for "baggers", and was sorry later on, so I sold them and got a dyna back. I traded amy Street Glide for the Low Rider, because even at my age (66), I like the performance, feel, and look of the dyna family. I know if I bought the Switchback, I'd just feel like I was back on a "bagger". They look like USEFUL motorcycles, but maybe not much fun. Thanks for all your responses. Appreciated!
I can dig this.I had an FXDC a 09 then a couple baggers.One day I was on my FLHX Cruise control on,barely had to steer,radio cranking,and it seemed I missed riding my superglide custom.Traded it for wide glide,lots more fun.I'll eventually get another Softy or bagger,I just jumped the gun a bit.

2017 FLD Switchback.jpg

I never owned anything new and when I retired at 62, I bought a brand new 2017
HD FLD Switchback. I rode the Dragons Tail and mostly liked to take off the
saddle bags and windshield. I ended up having my hip replaced and found
it hard to drive the bike when it was going very slow. I bought My wife a
2008 XL1200L and I ended up putting forward gears and a crashbar on it
and have no trouble riding it. My 2017 FLD has 2600 miles on it and
some for sale sites have 132 FLD's for sale but no 2017 models.
I hope to sell it to get rid of the $368 a month HD Finance payments
but the bike is awesome to ride and I wish I did not have to sell it.
I heard that the price of cars and trucks have gone up as people are
getting their 2021 covid checks, so I should up the price on My bike too
I guess. Seems unfair to lose 6K for only putting 2600 miles on it.

Clear Skies and Stay safe
Mike
2017 FLD Switchback.jpg

Back