free website stats program Would You Buy A Switchback? | Harley Davidson Forums

Would You Buy A Switchback?

FXDL4ME

Thinking about buying one. However, they seem to be unpopular. I can get a great deal on a 2015. Fuel processor, V&H Twin Slash slipon, mint condition with 2400 miles. I can get it for under $10,000! KBB says it's worth $14,210. Seems like a steal to me, but what's the problem with Switchbacks? Would YOU buy one?

What's not to like? Bags are small but you can always add a tour bag or other luggage for long distance touring. The Switchback catches some shade because come consider that model a "wannabe" touing platform and, it may be, for someone that does a lot of long haul touring, especially if two up. However, if the bike meets your needs, buy it.;)

I have a 16. Why do I like it? Some days I pop off the screen and the bags and just cruise the back roads. Longer trips I pop the bags back on, snap on the screen, and pack some gear and now it's a Bagger. I mostly keep the bags on and my soft briefcase goes in the bag for a trip to work.
You can do a light trip with it. Long haul, consider something bigger. Want to do both then this is your bike. Did you ride it yet? Only way to tell is ride it and head to the dealer and ride something bigger also.
Price sounds great.

Well............I currently have a Low Rider, but just thought I'd like to have some bags to throw a jacket or some packages in when I go to the store. I don't do trips any more (just turned 66) but a little storage would be nice. I love my Low Rider though, and just went out to the garage debating whether I wanted to trade or not. I was gonna take off all the extras from my Low Rider that will fit the Switchback, but I stopped and just can't make myself pull the trigger on the Switchback. Not sure I wanna give my Low Rider up, because frankly, it's exactly the way I want it, and I love riding it.

14516612_1117087601700232_3172139438254339877_n.jpg

Personally, I wouldn't trade a low rider for a switchback. I'd work with what I have. You can do the saddle bags and windshield and keep the twin disc front rotors and I prefer the front fender on the low rider.
Just an opinion.

As for the switchback itself, I like them. Nice machine. It's been on my radar for a while now. Like will go with a touring rig simple because I ride with the missus fairly often and she has no plans to ride on her own.

Back