free website stats program Worthless headlight. | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Worthless headlight.

Been running them in a few of my bikes as well as some riding buddies with no problems. There's no comparing them to other bulbs or I wouldn't recommend them.

YOU answer that question as to whether it is better than the 55/60 Osram that you have now.

Post it here .:s

Has anybody tryed PIAA headlight bulbs? I want to upgrade mine. I have a set of xtreme white plus in my truck and they shine way out there. Their wattage is 60/55 = 110/100. same draw twice the output.

Been running them in a few of my bikes as well as some riding buddies with no problems. There's no comparing them to other bulbs or I wouldn't recommend them.

YOU answer that question as to whether it is better than the 55/60 Osram that you have now.

Glider: do you know about the blue bulbs? what is it about the color that makes it hotter or does it? I had one before and it started to almost melt the plug on the back till the light burned out. it said it was a 55-60 watt

Tried the blue bulbs too. They aren't worth buying them. Usually a poor connection will cause the plug to melt.

Where do I get the osram bulbs? What wattage should I use? part number? Are they the same as the sylvania silver stars?

Ok Glider I installed the Osram 80/100 and could immediately see the improvement just in my darkened garage. But after a short ride, I noticed it clouded the mirror reflector in the headlight. I took it out an cleaned the stuff off, and I also noticed a definate odor. Wiring seemed good however. Have you experienced this also? Or do you think it's a one time burn off thing from it being a new bulb perhaps? Sure hope so, as it really does brighten things up.

Is it possible you got oil or grease from your hands or something inside your headlight? did you happen to clean the inside of your headlight since you had it off and maybe not get all of what ever you used off. All halogen headlights burn very hot and can burn out prematurely just by touching them during an install.:dknow

Back