free website stats program Worthless headlight. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Worthless headlight.

LittleKim

You're going to find a bit of difference in the bulb you just ordered when it comes time to adjust it.
You'll find that it has a horizontal beam as opposed to a spot light type of beam like the stock bulb that can be used to keep it lower than the on coming drivers and can be raised above the usual setting like Gary recommended and it is also in the owners manual.
As long as the horizontal beam isn't too high to blind oncoming traffic, it can be raised up a bit for awesome results.

I use the trial and error method on the garage door at night to get the maximum out of the light as far as adjustment without causing a problem for on coming drivers. You'll like the results you get with that bulb, It's a whole new driving experience at night.

As long as it has the H4 bulb that comes out the back of the reflector and it's not a sealed beam it should work. If not you can upgrade to the new style reflector to use it.

What about my sporty. That's the old sealed beam, right. Buy the whole globe? Can I get a bright light for it, too?

Ken

Same thing applies here too, get the reflector that has the removable H4 and you can have it too. The reflector can be had under $20

What about the wattage melting the wiring???

I always wondering the same, I've seen them wires melted on auto's headlights where someone installed higher wattage bulbs, got the H4 bulb from the page Glider provided but haven't put it on just yet.

Same type, different manufacturer. It should do about the same. I asked for the Osram brand by name when ordering them.

Back