free website stats program Wobble in front end, could use some help | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Wobble in front end, could use some help

You didn't say how many miles are on the tires, as tires wear they can become out of balance. Uneven wear can cause the front end to shake at speed. Most dealers will not run the bike over the speed limit, so finding your problem at 80mph is not something you can demand. All good suggestions above.

Again I wish to thank everyone for their help. After my trip to the garage I found not only a couple, but several spokes on the rear wheel weren't much more than finger tight. (EDIT) , I could actually move alot of them back and forth. Anyways, after removing one of the saddle bags and going all around the wheel trying to apply equal tension on each one I took her out for a spin.(about 90) and found myself wobble free. Really, it's not the crashing that worried me. It's getting run over by the fool that's always ridin my (EDIT) . If you all know what I mean.. Anyways, Thanks again and keep on puttin down the highway.

Please read this...

HDTimeline Language Policy - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to keep an eye on this. Maybe add it to your pre-ride inspection. Glad to see everything worked out ok!

Back