free website stats program Winter storm Nemo | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Winter storm Nemo

Stay inside and stay warm, and if you must go out be careful.
Brace yourselves for another round, according to the weather channel there's another winter storm forming in the 'Four Corners' area. This one is named 'Orko'.

I do understand how difficult it can be when the white stuff piles up a wee bit it has been 2 years since we last got it bad
The main roads were kept kind of open with care but i couldn't get my car home for 2 weeks i had to leave the car in town and walk the last mile home
A farmer managed to clear some of the snow with a tractor and snow plough and i was just able to get the car home with snow chains on the wheels
Trash was not taken away for 8 weeks and we got our Christmas post 2nd week of January
There were no problems with power so we stayed warm and comfortable and i did get to work each day
I do have a generator and some cans of fuel and gas bottles a gas heater and camping cooker just in case the power goes off

I hope you are all safe and comfortable and that the weather warms up and calms down soon

Brian

Lowrider85 has the solution..a big pot of chili, libation to wash it down, and get the kids or hired help to do the shoveling.
Still remember living in MA and NH.
Hope ya'll stay warm and dry!

Had to work the road both days and nights... Now I gotta dig the house out. At least 99% of the people stayed off the roads. The other 1% we found in the ditches. Hope this is it for the year. Time to fire up the Kubota. Life could be worse:newsmile011:! Stay safe!

PS: Who named this storm? Walt Disney? Nemo? Really?

Last edited:
Took me about 4 hours to dig mine and the Mrs. cars out and snow blow the driveway and back deck. We ended up with about 26"s with some deep drifts that were close to 4 feet deep. As of around 2 this afternoon, the city plows still hadn't done our road so about 6 neighbors and myself used our snowblowers to cut a 1 car wide path around our street out to the main road that had been done...........poorly. At least the wife and I were able to get to the store for some scooby snacks. We'd been cooped up in the house since Friday morning when the storm started......Ugghhhhh :D

Had to work the road both days and nights... Now I gotta dig the house out. At least 99% of the people stayed off the roads. The other 1% we found in the ditches. Hope this is it for the year. Time to fire up the Kubota. Life could be worse:newsmile011:! Stay safe!

PS: Who named this storm? Walt Disney? Nemo? Really?

:p Like your sense of humor here:D

Back