free website stats program Winter storage | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Winter storage

That's what's nice about storing at home,if you get a nice day,she's right there. I've ridden in Dec.,a few times around here(Chicagoland).also in March.The 2 never ride months seem to be January,and February.

I am lucky to have a heated shop where I can store my bike here in Michigan. My birthday is Veterens day, 11-11, so I always ride till then. I am also Irish so I have it back on the road by March 17th, Saint Patrick's day. Some pretty cold rides on either end of the season but I enjoy it and have the gear for it.

I push my bike to one side of the shed and throw a large thick soft cover over it (never know when something hard will be flying around the shed) I do plug into optimate every couple of weeks may be connected for a day or a week in the other shed I move optimate from bike to bike weekly ?
At some point in the winter stand down all three bikes will get a full service and inspection

Brian

I push my bike to one side of the shed and throw a large thick soft cover over it (never know when something hard will be flying around the shed) I do plug into optimate every couple of weeks may be connected for a day or a week in the other shed I move optimate from bike to bike weekly ?
At some point in the winter stand down all three bikes will get a full service and inspection

Brian

Brian, you are not saying that sometimes, and occasional hammer would take flight are you?
:D

Thanks for all the great help . I have a garage and did get a cover . There is a place about 40 miles away that does storage but if I can keep it at home where it belongs that would be great . Now how to tell the wife she's parking outside, again . Got a bigger house with a bigger garage but she can't park in there bc of my toys lol

I was always told not to run your bike once It has been winterized. It only induces moister in the system and acid in the oil.

I was always told not to run your bike once It has been winterized. It only induces moister in the system and acid in the oil.
I've heard that too,if or when I get to do a quick run in winter I always do at least 25 miles to blow it out.

Thanks for all the great help . I have a garage and did get a cover . There is a place about 40 miles away that does storage but if I can keep it at home where it belongs that would be great . Now how to tell the wife she's parking outside, again . Got a bigger house with a bigger garage but she can't park in there bc of my toys lol

^^^^I can relate...:O

That is what I have always been told as well. ;)

Back