free website stats program Winter storage | Harley Davidson Forums

Winter storage

Hey gang . Was just curious as to what some people do to their scoots for the winter . Unfortunately here in Ohio I can't ride all year . Thanks .

I added a garage addition to my main garage, and they spend the winter in there where it is never less than 50 degrees:D. Once they salt the roads, i'm done.:(

Fresh oil change along with a fuel stabilizer. Keep a battery tender on it as well.
I start mine and warm it up a couple times a month just to lube all the seals.

Last edited:
Got a garage,lots of dealers will store,too.Add stabil,battery tender.I'm down usually 2-3 months per year.I also stop after they lay the salt down.

Fill up tank, park in corner of garage, add sta-bil, plug tender in and let it sit. Sometime I cover bike and forgitaboutit so when I uncover in spring its like the first day I brought it home...;)
I have become a S&S rider..... Sunny and seventy before bike comes out of garage..:p

Jeff & dbmg have got you covered on this. A fuel stabilizer and battery tender are of utmost importance. Fresh oil is a good idea as well so the corrosive acids that build up in the oil are not just sitting in the engine during the downtime.

I do as posted above. I have a storage room down at my shop that it stays in, right next to the back office and on the way to the lunch room. So I get to stop by it for a visit, let it know how close soring is comming or roll it in the shop and tinker on it.

Back