free website stats program Windshields | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Windshields

Thanks for all the good information guys. Are the handlebar mounted screens and good or do I have to shell out £350 ($475 USD) for the HD fork mounted screen?
National makes a shield about the same as the harley but for much less money (although not quick disconnect) but I don't know about the cost to europe

I had a National Cycles 2-Up Switchblade windshield on my previous bike (a metric) and was very satisfied with it. The mounting brackets allow you to install/remove the windshield in a matter of a few seconds. The video on their website and on YouTube showing the durability of thee windshield is also very impressive.

When I bought my '07 FXDL this past November, I was going to get another Switchblade but liked the quick-release mechanism of the H-D windshield better only because when the windshield is taken off, the mounting brackets come off with it. With the Switchblade, the mounting brackets remain on the bike.

It's a small issue but I decided to try the H-D model instead. I hope that I am as happy with it as I was with the Switchblade. Unfortunately, my bike sits all covered in my garage for the Winter. :(

Thanks for all the good information guys. Are the handlebar mounted screens and good or do I have to shell out £350 ($475 USD) for the HD fork mounted screen?

Admiral Nelson, what the posters are telling you is that if cost was the only issue, yes...other handlebar mounted screens are good and are an alternative. BUT the HD fork mounted screen is well worth the money...it has quick release mounts that are metal...the screen itself is very durable Lexan that is distortion free (yeah, I have one).:D

BTW, HD just came out with a key lock for $35 USD to add a bit of security if you do not want others to take advantage of the QR system which works great. Money is a tough deal, and there are better ways to "lose or use it". I got the windscreen here at HDT and it was $200 USD and a great deal. Good deals on name brand stuff is good, and gently used even better. I use Craigslist here in the States, another is E-bay which is well received in the UK. :s

Removing the screen is actually not very important. I expect I will go with a Memphis Shades fork mounted, ordered from the States (we cannot get them here), unless I can get a 2nd hand screen here.

I have a windshield for my 09 street bob it works great for long rides.I ride with out one most of the time though.Mind is a detachable I would not go on long tripes with out it.

I have a windshield for my 09 street bob it works great for long rides.I ride with out one most of the time though.Mind is a detachable I would not go on long tripes with out it.

What did you go with?

I really like the Memphis Shades Hell Cat Ruby Red Gradient.

Back