free website stats program Windshields and wind | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Windshields and wind

I have the 8" Freedom Shields recurve and it works way better than stock. I'm 5'10". It still moves the wind above my head but lets me see over it comfortably. One of the benefits I noticed was no jerking you around when you are passing a tractor trailer like the stock one does. He will let you try a size and send it back if you need a different size as long as yo don't take off the protective covering.

I have an a 9" shield from Freedom Shields that has the recurve. I can look over it by at least 2" whereas the stock I had to look through it. I get way less turbulence and wind noise is reduced with the 9" freedom for both me and my wife.
Another thing that works really well to reduce turbulence is to install the half moon deflector between the forks on the bottom triple tree, it stops the updraft from under the fairing.

I also have the 8" Windvest and it works great for me! I'm 5-8 and the Windvest hits just below eye level.

Some dealers have different windshields for demos...put them on your bike and take a test ride...I tried 4 or 5...did not like any as much as the stock one....too much wind turbulance or noise....I bought a stock height and several inches wider than stock... love it....

I have a 8.5 Klock werks on my 09 ultra. I love it, i'm 6'2" and it works great for me. My sun glasses stay in place at what ever speed i'm going.:D:14:

works real well on my 01 also. gets my vote. wife likes it also. keeps her from becoming a bobble head.

I did get the Klockwerks, only taken it out once but it does make a difference. Still get eind from down below though.

I did see a wind baffle that mounts on the tree, right where the 2 brake lines meet and mount.

Anyone have any experience with this ?

I did get the Klockwerks, only taken it out once but it does make a difference. Still get eind from down below though.

I did see a wind baffle that mounts on the tree, right where the 2 brake lines meet and mount.

Anyone have any experience with this ?

I mounted one on my ultra and it works awesome, stops the wind that comes up from bottom of the fairing, I mentioned it in post #12 of this thread.

I have the 12 inch freedom shield and love it. I look thru my shield and does a good job of keeping the rain and bugs off me and my wife. That is the reason I went with the 12 inch. Great product!

I have a windshield with a lip and a front fork air baffle. Both make a difference. The windshield kicks the air flow to be just above my helmet. The air baffle reduces the air that flows up and around the tank. There is still air flow but a smoother flow.
bb

11 EG, i went from the stock sheild to the 9" Freedom recurve and like it, the only downside is that some glare where the recurve starts, Wear a black shirt and no problems, high vis shirt and it may glare a little, but anyway the air gets moved behind you much better than the stock sheild. I like it alot.

Back