free website stats program Windshield Yes or No | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Windshield Yes or No

I had a detach on my springer during spring, fall and when there was a good chance of rain I would use it but on those nice warm summer days I prefer the wind in my face. Being I just got the Street Glide I might be looking for 6-8 inch one for it for those colder days.

I always felt it takes away from the look of the bike. I love the wind in my face but not the fish flies. I live near Lake St. Clair, and in June the fish flies hatch. With or without a windshield, on some days I'd eat dinner before I got home. They also become like ice on the road too.

My 2005 Heritage came with a windshield and I think it adds to the look of the bike. I enjoy the protection it offers when riding, but I hate the way it scatters the headlights at night. I find myself looking over and around the windshield at night, but am reluctant to remove it because of the bugs.

I don't have one now, but I am saving for a quick release windsheild for my Sportster. I notice I feel the cold alot more the older I get. But will not put one on in the summer for non highway riding.

Joe, I got a good laugh out of that story, and the same thing happened to me when I took CrazySammy's new scoot out for a spin. The helmet almost killed me instead of protecting me when it flew back and the strap caught me right on the throat! Guess we need to tighten that strap more than we realize if that happens without a windshield!

Sounds like both of you should get a helmet that is fitted properly. It should fit very snug and level with your foreheat front and back. A good tip would be to go to the dealer of choice and fit the exact brand and size you are going to purchase...REGARDLESS if you shop online or buying from any other vendor, leave the choker training rover...:newsmile034:

Kinda like American Express, Never leave home without it!. I tried....just could not do it. I take it off to clean the bike and back on it goes.

Same as Sheepdogmarine , have a new detachable in box , never put on. Not alot of buggers in this dry west Texas climate. Did have a buddy get a dove out of season few days ago .:newsmile070:

Back