free website stats program Windshield Yes or No | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Windshield Yes or No

For some reason, getting hit in the center of my forehead by a junebug travelling at 70 mph has made me a believer in the advantages of a windshield.:small3d012:

Got one on my FXR, but my V-rod would just be wrong with a windshield. Don't bugs disintegrate close to light speed anyway?

Have been hit by flys going 75 and the felt like rocks. :D Ever since I never ride without my windshield.
I got hit by something big doing about sixty miles an hour last summer, It felt like a golf ball. It stung for a couple of days. I started wearing a face bandanna and it really helps.

have a quick release, never use it, then again I don't do much highway driving, really like riding without one, took a ride in sugar cane country(Belle Glade)with the wife, the sugar cane trucks were running, kept getting sand blasted everytime one went by, last time I used a windshield it felt wierd, I would defenitly use it for a highway run.

The second thing I put on my XL883L (after the EZ clutch) when it became "Mine" was a detachable windshield.It was love at first ride and I haven't taken it off yet. Especially in cold weather, it just makes my ride so much better. "To each his own"

All the time. Last summer I cleaned my bike and had the shield off. Thought I'd ride down to the store and back, about 4 miles round trip. I got on the highway and up to speed and my shorty helment slid back and the chin strap liked to have choked me down before I got stopped. Nope, it stays on except for cleaning.

I keep the windshield on. I drove several years on my Suzuki without one. Its much nicer having the locusts bounce off the shield rather than my throat or face. Brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it.

Got one on my FXR, but my V-rod would just be wrong with a windshield. Don't bugs disintegrate close to light speed anyway?

Hey E...looking at your Avatar, a low flying junebug that smacked another poster would have hit that green helmet or if he saw your expression before the collision probably left without leaving a trace...:newsmile017:

Back