free website stats program Windshield Problem | Harley Davidson Forums

Windshield Problem

Fourdogs

Windshield question...I tryed cleaning ..or buffin out some fine scratchs with a product (thats what its suppose to do)..now it seems smeared. Not sure I am allowed to say the products name...but is there anyway I can get out all the smudges and bring it back to life. Its ok in the daytime..but looks like crap at night.:wall

Fourdogs,just mentioned the products name here because you are seeking the answer.It will be easier for us to answer your question.

Hey Gentleman..Thanks for a quick reply..The name of the product is Novus 2 fine scratch remover..did not come close to doing what iit says ..unless I'm doing something wrong. I am using cotton/Flannel cloth (new)..thought I followed directions as stated on product directions....when I can post a pic of my bike ...I can show you why its important to me....Thanks again

Hey Gentleman..Thanks for a quick reply..The name of the product is Novus 2 fine scratch remover..did not come close to doing what iit says ..unless I'm doing something wrong. I am using cotton/Flannel cloth (new)..thought I followed directions as stated on product directions....when I can post a pic of my bike ...I can show you why its important to me....Thanks again

The novus products come in different numbers, the 2 is more abrasive than the others in the product line which get finer with numbers down to a cleaner. Usually you use them in order to get the shine back where it should be. You may try a bit of liquid car polish on a spot and see if it does the job, but one without any abrasives in it. Generally there is a hard coating on the winshields at least on the front side and if you go through that it will leave a ring where the edge of the coating will be obvious. Work a small area to test where the results are going before getting into the entire screen.

what is the best way to clean the windshield? does pledge work to clean or after it ihas been cleaned?

About all I use on mine any more.
And I have found that once you mess one up real good it pretty much will stay that way, trashed mine in a car wash. I knew better just brain was not engaged that day

I can relate Smitty. I have that disengaging brain condition quite often.
But I wont embarrish myself my telling you some of the things I've done while my brain was disengaged. :p

Hey everyone: Has anyone ever tried a product called "Rally Wax"? My father-in-law, who has been riding since he could walk, swears that it cleans and "de-fogs" all types of clear plastic and plexi-glass windsheilds.

Back