free website stats program Windshield for 2006 Street Bob | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Windshield for 2006 Street Bob

I have the HD detachable on my 2006 street bob and love it easy on and off and looks ok to. Problem is it is about 2" taller then I would like it ,even in the lowest position. Does anybody no of someone selling a replacement windshield that will fit the harley mounting but be shorter?

You could just mark yours where you want it with a line of masking tape, and then cut it down with a dremmel or other rotary tool. Be careful not to damage the side of the cut you want to keep. Best to protect that lower side with good tape.

I have the HD detachable on my 2006 street bob and love it easy on and off and looks ok to. Problem is it is about 2" taller then I would like it ,even in the lowest position. Does anybody no of someone selling a replacement windshield that will fit the harley mounting but be shorter?

Aside from cutting yours down, Harley sells a replacement screen only that is 2" over and 2"under the stock one.

If it were me, I would rather sell the windshield and buy a replacement (rather than try to cut cut cut). For some reason, I feel like if the cut job wasnt spot on it would look bad. Maybe its just me, but the material doesnt seem very forgiving. If you make a mistake its gunna show. Then again it would be pretty awesome to tell people that you have a chopped windshield that looks good.

If it were me, I would rather sell the windshield and buy a replacement (rather than try to cut cut cut). For some reason, I feel like if the cut job wasnt spot on it would look bad. Maybe its just me, but the material doesnt seem very forgiving. If you make a mistake its gunna show. Then again it would be pretty awesome to tell people that you have a chopped windshield that looks good.

Cut it.
It's just plexi!

If you're not very technically adept, you should sell it and buy another.
Maybe buy a Suzuki while you're at it.

I've never been accused of being PC.

I've just joined because I'm hoping to find answers about windsheilds and fairings. I have a Super Glide Custom. I am 6'1" and my bike has a Tallboy Seat. I bought a Harley windsheild and the wind turbulence rattled my head around so much that I couldn't see straight. I was thankful that the dealer returned it. But being in the wind at 70 or 80 is getting old, hell, I'm getting old. I found a Corbin Fairing and a Rifle Windsheild. The fairing is $1400. and looks like a Street Glide batwing fairing. The windsheild is adjustable up and down and you can change the angle, seems like good ideas. Anyone have experience with either of these?

Cut it.
It's just plexi!

If you're not very technically adept, you should sell it and buy another.
Maybe buy a Suzuki while you're at it.

I've never been accused of being PC.

When did it become a sin to trade out parts instead of trying to mickey mouse it together? I dont see anything but bolt ons to your bike.

When did it become a sin to trade out parts instead of trying to mickey mouse it together? I dont see anything but bolt ons to your bike.

I never claimed to be a bike builder.
I just suggested it wouldn't be too difficult to cut it.

Thanks to Hobbit for explaining the difference between Plexi and Lexan.
I have cut them before and it's not too tough. Just a suggestion.

And that I'm not afraid to take a carb apart (on my Sportster not my FI Dyna), do all my own service and "bolt ons" and never paid a penny to a service department doesn't show on the bike. And I hate Mickey Mouse!!! If I can't do it right I'll learn how.
"Bolt ons" presently on my Dyna.
Pegs.
Grips.
Mirrors.
Rear signal relocation bar.
Smoked lenses.
Drag Bar.
TomTom GPS and wiring.
21 inch front wheel.
Deuce rear wheel with 180 tire (some modification to belt guards required)
Cobra Speedster Shorts pipes.
Kuryakyn Hypercharger with K&N filter.
Memphis Shades windshield.
Mobil1 V-Twin in crankcase.
Royal Purple Max Gear in Tranny.
Pennzoil 10W40 Dino oil in Primary.

toanjo... I'd love to see your bike dude.
Here's mine.
mybobathome.jpg

Oh and your "passenger peg vibration" thread was the funniest thread I've read in a long time. Great stuff.

Last edited:
Big foot, there is no point getting into a (EDIT) contest. Just a waste of our time. Your bike is very nice no doubt. I think you have a more invested in yours than I do in mine. At some point I do want to post some pics of my bike.

I like the wheels, they are not exactly my style, but it looks great. I also like the pipes. My pipes look almost the same, I guess we have good taste. I saw some of your "location" pics. Very nice as well. Id love to get out West again. Its been a few years.

I can also appreciate that you do all your maintenance. Same for me. I did the forward controls, blinker relocation, drilled my handlebars to run the electrical through em, pipes, flush fuel guage. The only thing I actually built was a lay down license plate holder (Im just a weekend welder :D). I like the idea of painting, but Im not skilled enough.

Your from Alberta right? If so, you had a heck of a spring. I know some folks up there, crazy cold/snowy spring. Glad you had time to ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem.
I just HATE mickey mouse!

I'm actually looking at a new windshield for my Dyna like I saw on a new Night train.
Think it was an aftermarket. Curved inwards. Smoked glass.
I think it will suit the Dark Custom look of the Street Bob better than this Memphis Shades flatie anyway. It'll go on my Sportster.

I'll let you know if I find it.

Back