free website stats program Windows vista | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Windows vista

Spent the extra dough for sp1 on a Dell studio XPS..I like it, I like it better than XP Pro.No problems viewing anything.

Whatyardwork, your right, since I did the SP1 & memory stix upgrade, most things are up...one thumb down means tolerable, but necessary upgrade because none of my HP printer, camera or scanner hardware is not supported, forcing me to keep 2 outdated notebooks and had to buy all new VISTA WinTel hardware to work with my new all in one printer/scanner/fax machine. Forced upgrades is a real drag...on my pocketbook and patience. Sorry...VENTING :newsmile063:

Richard, that blogger is intitled to that...an opinion. The real issue here is what is the future of the electronic notebook. Yes, it may go the direction of the marketing strategy behind the demise of the CD and soon the DVD. The movers and shakers WANT people to pay per view/download singles because it is PROFITABLE. Artists like it because they do not have to produce a "string" of hits, so the CD & DVD sales are one time money makers and not marketed strongly. They have already found out people will go to the well multiple times if they are FORCED to..."forced upgrades to refresh you license to download" ! They are already trying to figure out how to charge you for downloading a song you already downloaded, by having it's license timeout on you. Why do you need a hard drive to store temporary data?

Digital TV is another way to force people to pay per view, because once everyone is on digital, the broadcasters can control content on the airwaves, start using scramblers (that is what cable & satellite TV did). Cable TV started as a distributed antenna system, the head at a convenient hilltop, cable and repeater amplifiers all over town. Then satellite TV came out and Big Media Empires started controlling the cable content as filtering for Parental Guidance programming was their "in". (we always had a choice of not tuning in before, now we pay for tons of stations we don't want or need). Plain antenna at the top of a hill came down and Satellite head antenna installed, again piped all over town. Then CABLE went digital, satellite digital now allowed pay per view plus monthly fees. Now all our media is controlled so "PUBLIC" broadcasting i.e. what the everyman watches or reads is paid subscribers. That is why I am fighting tooth and nail not to incur monthly bills of ANY kind. Bad enough that I am using 1/4 less utilities, yet my rates still put me in a 2nd Quartile (what ever that is) so they charge 1/3 more than they did a year ago. When someone asks for change...always ask where the money goes. You will not like the answer...

Actually, I don't think so.
(Vista=Future)

Take a look at this:

Business online: Bleak future for Windows Vista: Digital marketing in 2009

Windows 7 is in the works and getting close to final release. It will make Vista short lived and we will all be paying for an upgrade. I can tell you from using it myself it is nice. Similar to Vista, but the bugs are worked out. Also more Apple like...go figure

I have downloaded and it will work once in awhile and can watch anything on you tube, when I check error console this is what comes up. Warning: Error in parsing value for property 'filter'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: Transmission,Clutch and Primary (Drive Train) - Harley Davidson Community
Line: 567 Thanks for all your suggestions

Unfortunately this is one of those problems that I would need to look at to play around with different settings and such. Seems like it might not like the naming for some reason or another of this file and how it is shown here. Sorry I can't be of more help here.

A possible cause is a firewall that blocks or restricts Firefox without informing you about that, maybe after detecting changes (update) to the Firefox program.
Remove all permissions (rules) for Firefox from the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox.
For detailed info, look here: Firewalls - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

Look down the page for the section on Windows Firewall.

Hope this helps,
Jammr

Last edited:
Windows 7 is in the works and getting close to final release. It will make Vista short lived and we will all be paying for an upgrade. I can tell you from using it myself it is nice. Similar to Vista, but the bugs are worked out. Also more Apple like...go figure

Unfortunately this is one of those problems that I would need to look at to play around with different settings and such. Seems like it might not like the naming for some reason or another of this file and how it is shown here. Sorry I can't be of more help here.

Isn't it funny how us Windows/Intel users have now accepted defective hardware and software as a way of "life" and that the "new" release is "better" than the defective software/hardware before...talk about raising the bar off the ground and saying "--yep...raised it." :small3d007:

Windows Vista is to MicroSoft what Coke II is to Coca Cola! XP worked fine. But if you bought a new PC or laptop in 07 or later, it came prefitted with Vista. My old VAIO crashed twice!!! causing me to have 2 brand new hard drives installed (not sure if McAfee had anything to do with that). Avoid "software upgrades" for Vista as they are a temporary fix for a long range problem. And bwalsh22 is right, the Windows 7 is more like Apple. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery they say. Why not just get a Mac?

Isn't it funny how us Windows/Intel users have now accepted defective hardware and software as a way of "life" and that the "new" release is "better" than the defective software/hardware before...talk about raising the bar off the ground and saying "--yep...raised it." :small3d007:

I don't think I have accepted defective hw/sw, I expect new releases to get better and as big a difference as Vista was from XP, I expected bugs. I can say I now run Vista both at home and at work with little problem. I think from my perspective, Vista was over hyped, but now MS has stepped up, agreed they missed some things, and are now working on a Fall Win 7 release.

Avoid "software upgrades" for Vista as they are a temporary fix for a long range problem.

Upgrades to Vista are a good thing, it should be updated regularly. As for going to the next version that will be your call. I know I will, just because I love having the latest and greatest.

I remember when Xp came out and everyone I knew hated it. It was a memory hog, buggy, ect. Now most of them love XP and hate Vista. I just bought a laptop this past weekend that has Vista on it and it doesn't seem too bad.

Back