free website stats program Wind buffeting/popping | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Wind buffeting/popping

Hello harley Fans!
I have just arrived from a 1300 miles road trip and i had a hard time with this buffering on my helmet. My question is: The deflector, (58125-90b ),fits only Eritage models or also fits my 2000 FATBOY model?
Thx!

Hello harley Fans!
I have just arrived from a 1300 miles road trip and i had a hard time with this buffering on my helmet. My question is: The deflector, (58125-90b ),fits only Eritage models or also fits my 2000 FATBOY model?
Thx!

Adds the fully-dressed look to Heritage Softail Classic models. Redesigned to fit models with 5-gallon Fat Bob® gas tanks.

Fits '86-later FLSTC, FLST, FLSTF and '93-'96 FLSTN models equipped with Harley-Davidson® King-Size Windshield and/or Passing Lamp Kits. (Designed to also fit with accessory 5-gallon Fat Bob™ gas tanks.) (Does not fit FLSTS or FLSTSC.)

Good Luck!

This seems to be a typical problem with HD windshields. To the point where I took my quick release windshield off, as I do mostly boulevard or coastal riding along the ocean now. Very little on the turnpikes. But the windshield does help when it gets buggy. The problem is that air comes under the bottom of the shield, hits the curvature of the gas tank and explodes upward into the vacuum behind the shield and smacks me in the face. I got to feeling like Curly or Shemp being smacked in the gizzard by Moe at about 45mph and up. It rocks my eyes like a pair of dice in a shot glass and blurs my vision for the road ahead. I asked Treasure Coast HD about this and they said a pair of their chrome, fork-mount wind deflectors (part # 57400143 in their 2015 catalog) will do the trick to stop this (like mentioned in the thread above here). So I am now going to try them out since a member here has confirmed it.
Thanks for the tip!

You might also consider one of the re-curve windshields. They will tend to reshape the vortex that forms behind the shield. I did that, along with the shields that go on the underside of the sides of the batwing fairing. In combo, they do the trick for me.

Enjoy,
Rich P

JMHO - I do not like the looks of the deflectors, to me they look like something out of a transformers movie. I do agree wind buffeting is somewhat a problem when riding at high speed, but I guess I've gotten used to it.

Back