free website stats program Will you let the wife drive? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Will you let the wife drive?

I don't have a wife, but one thing is for sure, my girlfriend is never going to drive my bike. She is welcome to ride with me anytime but there is no way that she is going to be able to drive it.

My wife can't even keep her balance of a regular bike there is no way in he*l she is driving. She can ride anytime she wants as long as I'm the one doing the driving.

I've been quite leery to teach my wife to ride my Harley. I think that she should know how to handle it though in case something ever happens where she'd need to do so. Luckily she's quite happy just to ride along with me and know the basics.

My wife can drive whenever she wants. Personally, I would rather be driving but I do not mind playing passenger every so often as long as it makes her happy.

There are three kinds of people in the world: people who love to ride, people who are scared of bikes, and people who are lacking in intelligence. I never looked for a motorcycle, but when I was 16 my parents got tired of taking me everywhere, and they said I put too many miles on their Spider Fiat, so they bought me a motorcycle. I fell down a few times, but you live and you learn.they bought me another bigger one, then later, a wealthy friend gave me a new bike because she just got tired of her "new toy."These kinds of things kept happening to me. By the time someone sold me a large bike, I was hooked, and loved to ride. I met my husband, and he loves to ride, but is blind. So it's up to me.He introduced me to bigger and better bikes, and bought me my first Harley. All we do is ride. We love it!! He plans the trips, and I drive. We have friends everywhere because he is so friendly and interesting to talk with.I look for historical places, because he's interested in stuff like that. Anyway, I've noticed over the years, that a lot of people are scared to ride. Those people have accidents, because their fear keeps them from gaining skills. You have to be smart on a bike to stay alive.Some people's ego's drive them to get a bike bigger than they can handle, and they are over confident and lose control. I don't let anyone get on my bike unless I know they have experience. I don't let anyone test drive a bike I sell unless I know they have experience. And I tell any new person to take a skills course and learn about safe driving techniques. I get scared occasionally, facing a situation on the road or an unexpected turn of events, but fear if I sink into the fear, it will be reflected in my driving ability. I have to move past that, and think of how to stay safe and alive. Don't let your wife drive something that will kill her and wreck your bike. I like to keep my friends alive. Start small, and take a driving :40:course.Drive safe, y'all.:40:

the guy next door will not dream of letting me ride his bike myself.Then again, he will not even let me drive his freaking car.Not a big problem since I have my own transportation, I have a very nice Avalanche, so I aint jealous! At all.:D

An Avalanche? That is about the most beautiful truck ever made. Doesn't beat a Harley but is not far behind!

Let my wife drive my harley?????????

ROTFsidewaysfatX.gif

Uh....I don't think so.....

I let her cut the grass once and after that I lock the garage where the bike is now and reseeded the lawn.

Last edited:
Back