free website stats program Will rear tire an from an 08 ultra classic fit ok on an 07 EG | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Will rear tire an from an 08 ultra classic fit ok on an 07 EG

That's about what I do, but 5th will rattle LOUD. 6th is better but still rarttles.

when i get 5th all i get is the whine..

is it a rattle or a knock?

Would not warrenty cover spark knock? The dealer told me I was lugging the engine at 50 - 60 in 5th.

Spark knock or ping is from it being hot and poor octane in the gas or not enough octane

when i get 5th all i get is the whine..

is it a rattle or a knock?

Thanks Bud. Tough question. Everyone hears sounds differant. To me, it's like taking off from a stop in to high a gear. At first I though it was was cheap gas. But it it only really loud in 5th, but I can hear it in 6th also.

Spark knock or ping is from it being hot and poor octane in the gas or not enough octane

I use 93 octane. I usually get it at Murphy USA (walmart) or Exxon.

Thanks Bud. Tough question. Everyone hears sounds differant. To me, it's like taking off from a stop in to high a gear. At first I though it was was cheap gas. But it it only really loud in 5th, but I can hear it in 6th also.
and only in 5th and6th never any where else?

Is it worse Cold or Hot or doesnt make a difference? if you pull in the clutch at speed does it go away ? or does it still knock or rattle?

and only in 5th and6th never any where else?

Is it worse Cold or Hot or doesnt make a difference? if you pull in the clutch at speed does it go away ? or does it still knock or rattle?

Cold is less noisy and if I pull the clutch it goes away.

Cold is less noisy and if I pull the clutch it goes away.

ok then i would think its in the primary or the engine .. as unless im thinking about this wrong the trans is still at speed with the clutch in the belt would be driving it .. so noise goes away not the drains un less the shaft bearing is bad but i would think that would be all the time ..

I'm with Smitty. I think that thing needs richened up a little. IED's would be worth a shot. Since everything else is stock, I don't think I'd use the X's.
For 70 bucks, it's worth a shot.

Thanks guys.

It seems to have gotten louder after I changed the oils. Next day after the oil change, I drained the 20/50 out of the trans and put 75/90 in (seems to be the concensus here that trans needs gear oil, not motor oil). Did not make a differance. Tomorrow I think I'll drain the primary and refill it. I did notice that the primary had metal on the drain plug magnet and some in the bottom of the pan when I dumped the oil into a bigger container. The other holes showed no sign of metal.

You're going to see a little metal on the primary plug. Mostly fuzz....shouldn't see any big pieces.

Back