free website stats program Will rear tire an from an 08 ultra classic fit ok on an 07 EG | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Will rear tire an from an 08 ultra classic fit ok on an 07 EG

Did you by chance ask the wrencher this question?? Also I believe there is a post about the IDS here in the self-help section.

Yes and he said I needed to order the $305 kit from the parts department. I asked about swapping out the bearings and he said he did not know if that would work and let it go at that.

Try this throw a set of XIED's in the thing ride it if it don't run better return them Your problem dose not sound like tranmission or rear end problems

I hope I did not mislead anyone. The EG runs great. Love the bike and will ride it until either I can not hold it up(I'm 58) or wear it completly out.

Well I thought from the beginning it is the IDS "upgrade" that would fix it. HD started putting IDS on the 08 as standard equipment and offered it as an "upgrade" on the 07 models.

As I stated eariler, I got the whole works from an 08 EG from a trike shop on ebay. The dealer said the 08 would not fix and that I should not use 6th gear until 75 to 80 mph. 5th after 60 MPH. I an not beleive that 6th gear is good only after 75 MPH. Speed limits top out at 70.

Back