free website stats program Why all the Harley Bashing? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Why all the Harley Bashing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think regardless of economic times there will always be some HD envy from outsiders. It's just something you have to deal with when owning a Harley Davidson.

Folks will bash the lack of R&D, dated designs, being slow, being heavy, being expensive etc. Founded reasoning or uninformed half drawn assumptions, in reality, none of it matters. There is a mystique to owning a HD that no other company can replicate. Simple as that.

So, if it happens to keep jobs closer to home or whatever else that helps rationalize your decision, that's all well and good. But, all the really matters is that you ride.

Now get out there. :bigsmiley23:

And Welcome Train Man, good post to get some lively interaction going.

as for u.s. made - new Chrysler 200 commercial - tag line is Imported from Detroit. Best news in a long time.

I guess when things dont go right we tend to bash a product, But We all bought H D to begin with or we would not be here talking about them. And if they did not break this would be a chat room at best JMO

The "american made" discussion requires a great deal of research to make any arguement. I bought a Harley because after over a year of research into what bike I wanted (it was my first bike) I do like the style, ride, and quality of HD......did not buy based on the fact that it is "american made". But I am glad to say that I am proud that an American company can make such a great motorcycle.

Years ago....mid 90's....I bought a new car. Have to admit it was a Subaru (you guys can hammer me all you want they make a great automobile and I have owned many of them) and my Uncle gave me a hard time when he first saw it because it was not "american made". He was driving a Chevy S10 pickup at the time. I asked him to open up the door and look at the data plate on his truck.....yup.....assembled in Mexico. I pointed out that my Subaru is assembled in Indiana form Japanese parts so I think more American workers touched my Subaru than his Chevy truck at the time!!! It is a global economy and people need to adjust a little. Just my 2 cents!
It's a global economy? So the rest of the world is broke and CRASHING HARD so we should follow the GLOBE and crash too? I look at the label/tag on every thing I"m thinking about buying to see if it's made in the USA before I buy it. If we don't stand up and support ourselves who is. So help keep the illegal,s working in the USA:small3d031: YA RIGHT

Well your rite thair..I for one need a ride on my moter sicker,,,and I dont want to die.....I cant rember the rest....:D...We are going to get on the road soon...I shore like being on this fourm...It helps...Oh Are you grumpy Mr Mad Dog?? Is that how you got your name?..:)

"I don't want a pickle just want ta ride my motorsickle"
"I don't want ta die, just want to ride my motor....Sigh ....cle"
Alices Resturant Arlo Guthrie

Call me old but I like the song ..Someone had a post today called the pickel song today but I cant seem to find it tonight..

Wow this is definitely an unusual and diverse thread. Welcome OP. The whole global and national economy is extremely complex and difficult to pin down in analysis. It was not always this way, but things have been goin on for so long it's way into the wind now.

American made is diluted (as said previously) and hard to find in it's whole.
American labor unions started out as a God send to oppressed working folks at the hands of greedy and ruthless employer magnates. But as time went on the unions being also run by human nature created a bit of greed on their on.

But everything is way too complicated to sort our anymore. Somebody once said people get the government they deserve. But all of this is why I enjoy riding even more. I realize there are things that are out of my control. I also realize life as we know it may not always prevail. But none the less I enjoy riding (and friendship) while it's available. When (hopefully never) the final day comes and China or some other world power comes against us after we are financially broke and cannot supply our Army, I am fully ready to march into their fire with some of my fellow vets and count my life as one of the luckiest fellers that ever lived on this planet.

Oh and one way to fight HD bashing is buy at Zanottis.

Wow this is definitely an unusual and diverse thread. Welcome OP. The whole global and national economy is extremely complex and difficult to pin down in analysis. It was not always this way, but things have been goin on for so long it's way into the wind now.

American made is diluted (as said previously) and hard to find in it's whole.
American labor unions started out as a God send to oppressed working folks at the hands of greedy and ruthless employer magnates. But as time went on the unions being also run by human nature created a bit of greed on their on.

But everything is way too complicated to sort our anymore. Somebody once said people get the government they deserve. But all of this is why I enjoy riding even more. I realize there are things that are out of my control. I also realize life as we know it may not always prevail. But none the less I enjoy riding (and friendship) while it's available. When (hopefully never) the final day comes and China or some other world power comes against us after we are financially broke and cannot supply our Army, I am fully ready to march into their fire with some of my fellow vets and count my life as one of the luckiest fellers that ever lived on this planet.

Oh and one way to fight HD bashing is buy at Zanottis.

Well said!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back