free website stats program Who wears leathers in the summer? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Who wears leathers in the summer?

Leather is definately the way to go as far as safety. Harley, Shott and Brooks offer their jackets in three weights, heavy, medium and light and many of them are vented.

If the issue is keeping cool on a hot day, take a page out of the farmer's hand book. Even on the hottest days, the old time farmer (missing at least part of one finger) wears a long sleeve shirt and a hat; I've yet to see one in a tank-top, shorts and tennis shoes.

If it's cool enough in the summer to wear a leather jacket, I do. But even here in the frigid north when it gets into the 80s with humidity it's too hot to wear any jacket. The risk of heat stroke would be greater than the risk of road rash.

Gets waaaaaaay tooooooo hooooot here is sunny southeast Georgia to wear leathers in the summer. Now, when it gets below 50 degrees, I tend to start thinking about it!!

My wife got me some sort of semi-wife beaters today that are made to keep you cooler and drier. I rode with one under my perforated leather jacket this evening, but it was not hot enough to tell if the new shirt helped.

here on the cenral coast of calif, in the nsalinas valley ,temps will reach upwards of 105 deg. in summer,,i wear my leathers all the time ,, it prevents dehydration,,sun burn and heat stroke and heat exhastustion.my jaket happens to be vented,which helps.

I wear my leathers pretty much year round, but a day above 90 here is a RARE thing.

I actually wish it was hot enough here that I could choose not to wear them more often...

Bill

Be careful what you wish for. Here in Memphis it's been upper 90's with the heat index around 105 to 110. A friend told me yesterday that it was hotter here than Havana Cuba.:D

Back