free website stats program Who wears leathers in the summer? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Who wears leathers in the summer?

I,m in the middle of a trip right now. Left home it was 60 degrees, now in vegas, 100 degrees. still wearing my leathers, crossing the desert at 80 to 90 m.p.h. I don,t feel too bad. Don,t like road rash.:D:D

I tend to wear a cordura jacket most of the time it has air vents and has armour in the correct places
during warmer weather i have the liner removed and should it rain then its waterproof
on longer journeys i wear the matching trousers also with air vents and armour
usually in summer I'm trying to protect against rain but occasionally it can get hot

Brian

Harley FXRG jacket and chaps 98% of the time. I've gone for the big slide once and don't want to do it without the right gear!

My wife and I ride in the Tourmaster Air-intake jackets. We find them multi-functional. They come with two liners ( one just a windbreaker/rain and the other, a quilted liner. With these options tucked away in the bags, we're covered for all sorts of conditions. The jackets are mesh with armor in the back, elbows and shoulders. I rode in leather for most of my life. We're really 'sold' on the Tourmaster jackets we have.

Like many others have said, its just too hot here in south texas to wear leather in the summer. I've been thinking about getting a pair of Draggin' Jeans and one of their shirts. They have a kelvlar layer or 2 in some spots to prevent road rash. Anybody ever worn them?

Like many others have said, its just too hot here in south texas to wear leather in the summer. I've been thinking about getting a pair of Draggin' Jeans and one of their shirts. They have a kelvlar layer or 2 in some spots to prevent road rash. Anybody ever worn them?

I have the pants. I found was that the kevlar knee patches irritated the skin on my knees if I wore them for more than an hour at a time. My wife sewed in some soft fabric over each patch and that solved the problem. I may have to do the same with the kevlar patch in the butt.

The pants are a little warmer to wear than non-armored jeans due to the kevlar patches.

My wife and I ride in the Tourmaster Air-intake jackets. We find them multi-functional. They come with two liners ( one just a windbreaker/rain and the other, a quilted liner. With these options tucked away in the bags, we're covered for all sorts of conditions. The jackets are mesh with armor in the back, elbows and shoulders. I rode in leather for most of my life. We're really 'sold' on the Tourmaster jackets we have.

I have a Harley armored mesh jacket but I really like Tourmaster's stuff too. I bought a pair of their Air Venture pants as a replacement for chaps - better protection than chaps and OK to wear when it gets hot. Comes with the same 2 liners you mention for the jacket. Tourmaster rep told me they weren't designed to be worn as overpants but I bought a size that allows me to wear them over jeans and then take them off when I stop for an extended period.

Long sleeved shirt in the summer (I burn easily) and a sweat shirt when I ride in the mountains.

I don't wear them in the winter either. The synthetic products are superior in the cold/hot/wet compared to leather. They are more comfortable and much lighter.

oh man....

with all the excitement of my first bike...i haven't got around to thinking about what im going to wear...

...gonna have to kill 3 or 4 cows to cover me up... ha! *runs for the exorcise bike*

Back