free website stats program Who uses a riders backrest? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Who uses a riders backrest?

First bike was a Softail Springer; rode it stock for a few months, then upgraded the seat to a Mustang Vintage Classic with Backrest--BIG difference even on the short rides but especially on long ones. After a year, traded it in for an EG Classic, again all stock. Kept the seat but added a driver backrest after about 2 months; again, what a difference in comfort!!Count me as one of the believer's in backrests

I broke down and bought a rider backrest last year. I can not believe what a difference it made. I regret not getting it sooner. It is adjustable and I can vary the support on the long runs.

Got one on my '09 Street Bob! Love it! Mine is the Mustang Vintage with the back rest. It adjusts up and down and front and back with a set screw. I also, like many here, have back problems. When I ride without a windshield is when it really works. Keeps me from having to hold myself forward so much.

A rider's backrest will be the best money you will ever spend on your Harley. I could not go any where now if I did not have one. GREAT investment.

I've got the adjustable backrest, and it is a must for me for longer rides. I had no trouble riding to Daytona and back last week, 700 miles each way, plus another 300 miles while I was there. It makes for a very comfortable ride.

I bought a mustang vintage with back rest and could not believe how I ever rode with out the backrest. I said I would only use the backrest on long trips but soon realized that I was not comfortable with out it. I love the way it comforts me when I roll on the throttle the only thing I have to get used to is to lay down the backrest before I get on the bike. It looks better without it but feels better with it so when I park the bike I just slide the backrest out and easily slide it back in when I get back on the bike. The backrest has doubled my saddle time on the bike.:D

When I bought my Heritage it already had the backrest on it....a whole Mustang setup. Its nice to just lean back and put the feet up on the highway pegs. Very comfortable. I even had a friend who had a Dyna that I rode to Myrtle Beach with a few years ago. After seeing me kick back nad ride comfy, he sold the Dyna and got himself a Heritage as well. The only problem is, I cant get my backrest off. I have tried everything. My buddies have tried everything. Seems I just cant figure out how to remove it so I cant tell you how I like riding without it. I sure do like riding with it though.....

If you adjust it properly (I use 'bag') it's great at any speed. I don't have a windshield, am young, and in fairly decent shape. Rode over 10,000 miles last year, most of them with a bag that has a rest attached. Doesn't affect my control in the least.

Man, the things you learn on this site.
I have a backrest that i use all the time, but i didn't know anything about the adjustment screw. I looked on mine and found that the screw is missing, so i replaced with another set screw. Can't wait to try it out, as the more pressure on my lower back, the better!

I never ride without my HD adjustable backrest. I can adjust it on the fly. Moved the mount to the right side cover (inconspicuous). I miss the support when on the wife's FLHX.

Back