free website stats program Who uses a riders backrest? | Harley Davidson Forums

Who uses a riders backrest?

Clint

I found an add on that looks decent for my '93 Heritage, it's a riders back rest. Can someone give me some personal experience as to whether or not it helps out on the longer rides?

I found an add on that looks decent for my '93 Heritage, it's a riders back rest. Can someone give me some personal experience as to whether or not it helps out on the longer rides?

Depends on the person I guess. For me, it's definitely helps bigtime. However, I'm an Ugly old guy and long trips is what I do. Love 'em for sure, but without the backrest, the rides would be a whole lot longer. To many Ugly stops. :bigsmiley20:
Ugly John

I'm also an old guy (and ugly). 2 back surgies in the last 2 years = backrest so I can ride all day long.

I'm also an old guy (and ugly). 2 back surgies in the last 2 years = backrest so I can ride all day long.

I can relate to that for sure. I've had surgery on two lower vertebra and a broken tail bone which still hurts like heck at times. As with you, backrest means I can run all day.

I got hit by a drunk and left for dead at 17 ,I have never been able to lean into any backrest comfortablly since then,so a backrest is not a priority for me!:D

I'm not as old or ugly as those other guys, but also use a rider backrest.:D

I've had back problems for years, and it really makes longer rides more comfortable. Since changing out the stock seat on my Street Glide to a Sundowner however, I find I don't need the backrest for shorter rides. My wife also has a rider backrest on hers, and likes using it all the time.

Some people love em, but I'm not one of them! I found that there was a vibration running thru my spine that I could not tollerate.

I put mine on for trips over 1 hour. I'm young but I have back problems. I can't sit like that for more than an hour without getting some pain in the center of my back. Plus, when you're sitting at a light you can pop it in neutral, lean back and crack your back!

Back