free website stats program which spark plugs to use ? | Harley Davidson Forums

which spark plugs to use ?

mca1989

Have an 09 EG with 103" & 255 cams. Wimmer air filter, supper trapps 2:1 exaust & power commander with auto tuner.
what spark plugs do i want to use. OEM, SE either # 32186-10 or #32192-10 or another brand ?

O.E. Works great for me. The dealer always asked if I would be interested in S.E. plugs and have not tryed them yet.

I use Champion plugs on my vehicles. HD doesn't manufacture spark plugs either.

TQ

I've never noticed much of a difference between spark plugs. I know there are those that will disagree; however, can't see spending extra money on pixie dust. :)

I was having some hot start issues with my 103 se255 even with the compression releases went to a plug that was one range colder seems to start a little easier when hot so if your having some starting issues thats something to consider.

Look around on this site. (over on right side click on spark plug for a bunch more info).
Can't find it right now but on this site had dyno results with different plugs. Bottom line, stock OEM plugs. Don't need to upgrade to SE or platinum or gold.

Spark Plug Interchange Guide

I have always used stock oem plugs and have never had any problems with them so i have had no reason to try anything else

Brian

I am experimenting with using the NGK Iridium @ $9 each on my stock "96". No better or no worse than stock plugs so far that I have seen.

Now on the small 2 cycle racing engines I play with, there is a big difference in performance but nothing to write home about on the 4 stroke HD.

Hey, I just had to try them or else you never know. :)

Stock plugs save your money, I have Screaming Eagle plugs and wires as a gift no real big change that I can see

Back