free website stats program which spark plugs to use ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

which spark plugs to use ?

Stock plugs here. I like keeping things HD. Way less problems, and I can always get help from the dealer since the parts are HD parts.

My way of thinking is. If it is a GM use delco, Chrysler us MOPAR, Ford use Autolite. I hate mixing stuff. Always causes problems for me.

Stock plugs here. I like keeping things HD. Way less problems, and I can always get help from the dealer since the parts are HD parts.

My way of thinking is. If it is a GM use delco, Chrysler us MOPAR, Ford use Autolite. I hate mixing stuff. Always causes problems for me.

Great way of looking at it, I do the same.:D

At less than $3/plug, I change them with the fluids at 3-4K miles.

I think Champion still has the contract with HD.

TQ

At less than $3/plug, I change them with the fluids at 3-4K miles.

I think Champion still has the contract with HD.

TQ

That is CORRECT:s Made to H D standards according to a Champion rep I talked to, the ground electrode is a bit fatter:s

Parts guy talked me into the gold HD plugs said they all use them.....can't really tell any difference. Oh they are about 3 bucks more for a set.

TONS of Old High $$$$$ plugs laying around and None as good as the Plain Jane 6R12's from HD,,, cheap and work the best......:s

signed....BUBBIE

Plugs are one of the things I don't really worry about b/c they're changed so infrequently. Unless there's a reason - stick w/stock...not going to get a ton of performance enhancement from plugs. HD's are good as any out there.

2 things I change every year, before the riding really gets moving at a steady pace.....fob battery and sparkplugs
You can do'em both for the price of a burger. It's just more cheap insurance for a trouble free ride.

Back